you're back...

(Aphmau's POV)

Laurence is back.
Cadenza is treating him.
"Are you okay?" Garroth comes behind me.
"Y-yeah....." I lie.
With everything going on. Zane. I don't know how much more I can take.
" I know Laurence is back and all...but, he's a shadow knight. Its not that I don't trust him it's just...."
He paused.
"I understand, I'll assure you I will be safe around him." the truth makes tests prick at the back of my throat.
"Thank you Aphmau, I just want to keep you safe." worry laced in his voice.
"I would like a word with him.....alone please." I set my hand on the door knob to show I'm not backing down.
He nods " I'll be out here.
I walk in and see Laurence looking out the window.

(all art belongs to me, if you want to use it please contact me

(all art belongs to me, if you want to use it please contact me.)
The sight of him made me want to cry. He was covered with cuts and bruises. I swallow them back and correct my composure."Is it true?" His voice still drained.
"How do you feel?" I dodge the question.
"Are you afraid of me? I mean I don't blame you." he grabs my hands, his are so comforting I just want him to hold me, "I just want you to know I would die before I ever let anything happen to you." His eyes have no color but, they are clouded with emotion.I free my hands and wrap them around him.
" I know, I just have to keep Garroth at bay, you know how he can get." I let out a small laugh.
He laughs a little, I love the sound of his laugh it's so soft.
"I love you, Aphmau."
I feel a sensation coming up to my throat. I start to cry.
"Aphmau, it's okay you don't need to return my feelings I-"
I pull back from the hug to look him in the eyes. My heart tugs every time I see him."Laurence I-" We were intterrupted with a knock.
I prepared to get up but, Laurence kept me in his embrace.
I knew he couldn't see me, but his eyes were full of concentration.
He reached for my face. His thumb caressing my cheek. I close my eyes and lean into his palm. I grab his hand and give it a squeeze.
"Lady Aphmau?" It was Zoey.
"Yes, I'll be right there." I have her an automatic answer.
"A-alright, Garroth is waiting at the plaza." I hear her walk away.
" I should get going, I'll come check on you later." I yearn for me to stay, but I'm the Lord.
"Of course, my love" he smirks.
"My love?" I laugh a little.
"Oh I'm sorry m'lady." he bows his face still looking at me.
some of his hair falls in his eyes. I laugh And tuck it behind his ear.
His face turns red. Realizing what I just did, I pull my hand away.
"I'll come check on you later." I close the door behind me. My heart beasts out of chest. I clench my dress and I feel the warmth in my face. I'm blushing!? As selfish as this sounds I was kind of grateful he couldn't see it I would never hear the end of it. I take a few breaths and walk away.