Scared

I hear the wedding bells ringing as  I sit on the chair right infornt of her. I have my mouth clamped shut from screaming out to her. The pope says their voas. Each word stabbing into my mind. That painful hotness in my chest rises again, but this time I like it. It feels good. My chest starts to grow hotter as I try to hold my tongue.
"You may now kiss the bride."
Those words ignite the bomb inside me and my whole body tingles with warmth. My flesh is burning, but filled with incridible strenghth. I look at the Lord and I grit my teeth.
"You! If it wasn't for you..." I scream out my voice sounding as another's. The Lord looks a me frightened and Aph grabs my wrist. I push her back. I'm not going to let her stop me. Not. This. Time. The Lord pleads for his life and I raise my sword closer to his neck. The image of blood spilling pushes me further. I yell insults at him blaming everything on him. He screams he'll leave, but he's already caused enough damage. Be for I can swing my sword to silence him for eternity, he slips on his on cries. He hits the bottom of the hill with a satisfying thud.
"Well that wasn't as messy as I wanted it to be." I exclaim.  Aph looks at my he'd face veiled with fear.  I don't know why, but I like it. It makes me feel superior. I look at Aphs fiance. That word taunts me. "Guess I have another go." I step closer to him, but Aphmau steps in front of him.
"Laurence!don't do this!" She cries out to me. I don't care anymore, I'm just the shell of former Laurence.
"Move or I'll have to put my sword through you too." The Lord's son doesn't ask her to move, that he'll die either way. He just stands there accepting his human shield. Aphmau searches my face. To pick anything for he to build off of. I cackle as I find disappointment. I've been dehumanized. There's no me left. She steps closer to me and I set my stance. She whispers words that lullaby me. I try to shake out of my trance. She cups my face and kisses me. I try to pull away, but the fire burning my flesh, the fire ignited in my soul is extinguished. Just like that. I lolk at Aphmau, now crying.
"A-aphmau..." I want to reach her, but I'm afraid I'll burn her with my steaming hands. They have burn  marks from holding the sword. She places herself in my arms instead.
"Aphmau..,I'm so sorry." She cries into my shoulder.
"Its okay Laurence ...I know that wasn't you." The Lord's son now vanished nd I search the crowd. Their faces marked with permanent fear. I spot Garroth. I see his knuckles ad white and they are trembling too.
He's scared too.