Fantasy

(Laurence pov)
My stomach demanded food, but I ignored it. I've been ignoring it for the past 3 days. That's how many days I've been dead. Dead to love, happiness, heck even to life itself. I hear Garroth open the door and set down the plate and picks up yesterday's, untouched, plate.
"Laurence...I know this is hard for you, but I don't want you to starve yourself." He sighs from my silence and I press my knees closer to my chest. Garroth sits next to me and let's out a breath of air.
"You need to get some sun, you look like a zombie." He fiercely grabs my shoulders and starts shaking me.
"I'm not going to let you hurt yourself Laurence! Wake up! I know you love her, but hurting yourself ....doing this certainly won't help her. And that's what you want to do, right? Help her?" his words seep into my heart and ignite a little spark. I nod and lift myself up. I go to the mirror as a look at a disheveled guy with sunken eyes. I barely recognize myself anymore. But without Aph, who am I? I grab my sword which feels 100 times heavier than before. Garroth pats my back as we exit the guard tower. Dante looks at me and his eyes widen.
"Dude...you look awful..." from the corner of my eye I can see Garroth glare at him and Dante shrinks back. I look up to where Aphmau's house is and I see her watching the children play in that little playground she built so long ago. I was there for that too. I was there from the start, and this guy decides to show up. I grip my hands at my sides as I see her attention taken by the man talking. She gives him a fake smile and then she catches a glimpse of me. She looks horrified. I tear my eyes off from her. Forget, forget, forget. Its better this way. What could you give her anyway? This guy can make her happy. You were only more weight on her shoulders. Idiot. You should have pulled away before she stole your heart. I sit at the docks. I will admit seeing the sun makes me feel better. I throw up what is left in my stomach and I feel like I'm at the verge. Garroth takes me back to eat. I eat the soup he prepared. I bet it was good, but everything seems tasteless.
I go to lay in bed and I look at empty space. Tomorrow is a new day. He's going to tell her He changed his mind and then he'll leave. I'll tell Aph I love her and ask her to marry me. Tomorrow. Tomorrow is an everyday fantasy for me. Its the one hope I hold onto. The one thing that lets me live. The one thing.