How You Met (Part 11)

Suggestion/Request by: theREDflannel

Tbh, yas.

I took a seat on a bench, waiting for a few more hours, due to the delay of my flight back home. It was a bitter cold night, not helping the air conditioning was on through the entire airport. I put my purse next to me and put my hands on my shoulders. I was surprised I couldn't see the steam roll from my mouth as my breath left my pink lips. "I'm sorry, are you cold?" A man asked, sitting on the bench as well. "Here, take my jacket," he draped the coat over my shoulders. His figure took a seat closer to me and chuckled. "It's quite late, for me."

"Thank you," I replied, smiling. "It is in fact late, I was being expected to arrive home to visit anytime soon but."

"Yeah, they've been delaying flights a lot due to the whether. I don't think it's all that bad out, with wind or anything."

"I'm (Y/N), by the way."

"I'm Mark, nice to meet you (Y/N)."

The corners of my mouth curled up into a smile. "Nice to meet you too."

"What do you do?" Mark asked. "For a career."

"Oh, I work part time at a coffee shop. How about you, what do you do?"

"I make videos, gaming videos, to entertain the internet," he chuckled.

We continued to get to know each other within the remaining time I had left till the flight was called. I grabbed my things and left, saying goodbye to Mark. I checked the time constantly as I got onto the plane, also realizing I still had Mark's jacket on, completely forgetting it was his. It smelled nice, and luckily for him, nothing was really in the coat besides a crumpled up paper that listed what he needed to buy for the week and the strings that threaded the inside of the pockets.

I wished for him to be on the same flight, however he wasn't. I kept the coat close to me and smiled, knowing I would probably never see the sweet man again.

I thought wrong.

Within a few weeks, I had to return. I brought everything back with me, including the jacket, that was threatened by the smell of me and my two candy wrappers shoved into the pockets.

I walked off the plane and went to the same bench I sat at before, looking over and seeing the same Mark with a giant pearly smile. "I'm sorry," I began. "I didn't mean to take your jacket, you can take it back."

He hesitated. "No, no, keep it, it looks really good on you."

"Are you sure?" I asked. The coat wasn't mine, I didn't buy it.

"In exchange, I want your number," he chuckled.

"Are you serious? You want my number?"

"Of course! You're very lovely, and funny. I've been waiting for your return you know."

"You liar!" I laughed. "Here," I said, passing him a paper with my name and number. "Go have fun."

"I fucking love you, please marry the shit out of me."

"Of course."