//the happy accident

Song: Car Crash - Matt Nathanson

I shook my head looking down at the man I knew and loved. The doctors said that he had an extreme chance of looking at me and not knowing who I am. And I prayed to god that he would know me.

"Ms. (L/N)?" I looked up from my book that I wasn't really reading.

"Yes?"

"Would you like to come in?" The nurse asked. "Dr. James said you may."

I stood up, and walked my way with the nurse who was awfully polite to me.

Mark and I were engaged for three months.

His eyes looked at me, the same eyes he wore when we first met. There was a sparkle, and it lifted my smile, as tears ran down my cheeks. "Hello," Mark smiled. "You must be (Y/N)."

My smile lessened. "I am."

"You're really beautiful," his hand grabbed mine.

"Thank you," I put my head down.

"I'm just kidding darlin'," he grabbed my head and rubbed his knuckles against my skull.

"You're such a bully!" I cried. "I was worried sick!"

"At least you're okay," he said calmly.

"You hit me!"

"I didn't mean to! I went to go put my arm around you and accidentally hit you in the face," he laughed.

"It's not funny," more tears began to escape and my hands folded up in Marks.

"The Doctor said I could leave tonight," he lifted my chin. "I'll make it up to you, I promise honey."

The Doctor walked in. "We have a change of clothes, he would be able to leave afterwards. Then you two can go home, but you need to make sure he gets plenty of rest, he may have been fine, but it's trauma that's needs to heal."

"Thank you Dr. James," I smiled.

Going home, I kept Mark from getting himself into more trouble, especially from hitting me after a fight we laughed about in the hospital.

I didn't know he would drive to Tylers, angry at himself for accidently hitting me in the face and get hit by a car in the process.

He was a little too excited when he hit me, trying to cheer me up from what we had an argument over.

"I love my fiancé!" Mark screamed out the window of the car.

"Get your louzy head inside the vehicle!" I said, looking at the road.

"And I think I want to get engaged again so we can get married twice."

"You can't do that Mark!"