//Happy New Year

Aye yes, happy new year ♡♡.

It was the moment to shine, and I knew I couldn't take it. Yes, I've liked Mark for a while, but at this moment, my social anxiety was kicking in. We only had ten minutes till the clock struck midnight, signalling the start of 2018, and I was petrified someone else would go up to him, especially my best friend, Amy. "I'm so druuunk, I," she took a breath. "I might go kiss, thaaat 'ne," she pointed the man I gawked over.

"Amy, you need to sit down," I exclaimed. "I don't think any guy will want to kiss youーus, tonight."

She chuckled. "I, I can do a threesome!"

"Amy! No, that's disgusting!" I shook my head. "You're really disturbing when your drunk, I'm not letting this happen again."

I took my diet coke bottle and took a swig from it. "Why don't you just go up and kiss him, you've known him, not to mention, liked him, for years," Ethan walked up to me. "I'll block any guy or girl going for you or him."

Ethan is my brother. We've always gotten along, and he's always pretty much protected me from everything. However, he always gets frustrated when he can't help me.

"Geez Ethan, that's not a little weird?" I laughed.

Mark looked over at me and smiled. He walked over. "How's it going, you look a little occupied over here."

"Well, Amy's drunk and Ethans being the brother he is," I laughed again. "How about yourself?"

"Tyler was trying to show me something, but it got boring real quick. I would have been over sooner if he wasn't trying to stall."

"(Y/N), five more minutes," Ethan smiled.

"Okay," I giggled.

There were butterflies in my stomach and I was nervous. "Do you want a drink?" Amy asked, out of the blue.

"No, she's your sober driver," Mark said. "And I'm Tyler's sober driver, so."

"You two are bums, perfect for each other. You never drink, you hang out all the time, but never seen to kissykissy," Amy blurted. "And you know each other better than I know you two, and I'm (Y/N)'s best friend for crying out loud!"

"I'm sorry, she's had a little too much to drink."

"Before I couldn't drink, that was me," he chuckled. "But I don't really have a want to drink."

"Just diet coke, right?" I asked.

"Just diet coke."

"Okay everyone! Thirty seconds till the ball drops!" Ryan got on top of the counter. "I'll start at ten!"

Everyone started to shuffle to a spot, and got ready when the ten second Mark had come in play.

"Ten!"

I grabbed a popper and put a hat on.

"Nine!"

Amy fell asleep on the couch.

"Eight!"

Ethan woke her up.

"Seven!"

Everyone started to slowly cheer and giggle like kids.

"Six!"

A few couples were already making out in corners of the house.

"Five!"

Ethan slightly punched my shoulder.

"Four!"

"You can do it," he whispered into my ear.

"Three!"

"Ethan, no I-"

"Two!"

Marks hands cupped my face.

"One!"

He started to lower his face to mine.

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!"

His lips crashed into mine. There were now more butterflies than ever. "Happy New Year," he softly said against my lips. "And to a new beginning," his lips moved upon mine.

"Finally!" Ethan bursted out laughing, popping his popper.

"Where'd Amy go?" I asked, hugging onto Mark.

We looked over to see her sleeping, again.