chapter 24

It had been a week since Ryan was involved in a car accident. He was discharged from hospital and told to take a rest before he began to work again. Rose had to make sure that every document that needed a signature was taken to him. She took care of the meeting that had been scheduled for that week. She pulled her car in the parking lot then walked towards the door. This week was her son's birthday and she had to make sure it was his best as always. In a way she was thankful since they had just received their salary.

Since Nicole was a party organizer she would take care of the place it would be held. By her help, it made it easier for her to do her work and take care of the remaining things. She walked to the reception and greeted Diana. She picked some files and when she was about to leave she heard Diana say, "I almost forgot," she leans and gets some piece of paper,"here I was asked to hand it over to you. "
Rose picks it from her and when she is about to ask who it his from, Diana walks out. She saw that very suspicious.

What if it's from Sallu? Ooh no.

She walks towards the elevator and again receive another later. This continues even when she gets out of the elevator and walks to her office. She places everything that she had then sits down. Her office is in such a mess and she needs to arrange it. But before that she is sure that Ryan will be coming to office today so she makes an arrangement for his coffee. Afterwards, she gets up and puts everything in order. She is done and back to warm her seat. Actually yesterday they had this meeting that took the whole of the afternoon and some documents that needed some signature and then sent to the people once they were done. Rose just went back to her office and picked her handbag along with the car keys then headed to her boss's house. He was so stubborn arguing that he was giving her hard time by her always taking the papers to him. His arm had healed perfectly well but it was not completely healed.

Now that she had it well arranged she took the first file that needed to be typed again then transferred to her boss's computer. A knock came from the door when she had only written the file number. She said a come in then raised her eyes to meet with Miguel. He placed the tray smiling at her before he even said a good morning to her.
She returned his smile and replied his greetings. As usual they asked about the family and the night and once they were done with those, Miguel puts his hand inside his coat pocket and comes out holding a piece of paper. Just taking it she remembers that she had so many that she had known what was written inside them. She says her thank you and excuses him to take a leave. She didn't want to ask since she would get the same response from everyone and that is just walking away.

She gathers them and being smart as she is she arranges them from Diana's to Miguel's. Then as her hands shake open them wishing that they were not from Sallu. Knowing him well he would do anything to get whatever he wants and last she checked he wanted her so badly to an extent of even abusing her. But Ryan had made sure that he would never step his feet in the company again. But he was a sweet talker and maybe he did that and made sure that the papers were distributed in the company. Then here thoughts were brought back by eyes which landed on the bold letters in front of her. She read them out a loud.

I would

That was the first paper. She placed it back and picked another one.

Like to.

Say thanks.

For helping.

Me.

I want.

To take.

You for.

A treat.

Tonight so.

Say yes.