The Demons

The next day: The Date.

"Is she pretty?" Rebekah asks as we pull up outside her house in the limousine.

"Very."

"Bright?" Elijah asks.

"Brighter than a thousand stars." I smile before getting out. "All of you out."

Kol, Elijah and Rebekah all get out and walk across the street as I approach Danielle's doorway.

As I'm about to knock the door opens. "Would you believe me if I said it was a coincidence and that I've not been nervously waiting by the door?" Danielle questions.

"Not for a second." I reply.

"Neither would I." She laughs.

"You look stunning." I tell her.

"Thank you." She smiles, blushing slightly. "You clean up pretty well yourself."

"Well don't be fooled love, I'm the devil in disguise."

She's smiles. Amused.

Kol's POV:

"I see why Klaus likes her, she's pretty." I think out loud.

"Careful Kol, if Neklaus hears you say that blood will be spilt." Elijah warns.

"Oh he doesn't scare me."

"Also don't let him hear you say that." Elijah scoffs.

"He should Kol. He's a hybrid; both Vampire and werewolf. He'd beat you in a fight and deep down you know that too, so stop being so stubborn before it gets you killed." Rebekah says.

"Come on, let's not pry any longer." Elijah says before walking down the street with Rebekah and I following.

Danielle's POV:

"Wow." I gasp. "A tux and a limousine."

"Well it's a very special night." Klaus says, opening the door for me.

"Yeah but there's special then there's... this." I say, still shocked. "This must of cost a fortune."

"Not a penny." He says.

"Well we have cents over here that's why." I laugh, getting in.

"If you're going to look that good you have to arrive just as well." He says, getting in after me.

"So where are we arriving at?" I question.

"It's a surprise love." He says.

"Love? Sweetheart? Is that a Klaus thing or an English thing?" I ask with a grin.

"Klaus." He replies with a laugh.

* * * * *

Ten minutes later we arrive at a beautiful and fancy restaurant. The driver stops the limo and opens my door for me.

"I don't think I've even dreamt of places this nice." I laugh, walking around to Klaus.

He chuckles, offering his arm out to me which I take. We walk inside and sit down at a candle lit table.

I watch as the musician plays his violin. "He's amazing." I say.

"Do you play?"

"More of an admirer." I say. "I prefer art." I add. "Everyone has a story and it's easy to tell if you look in the right places, it's easier to see it in a creator."

"What's his story?"

I judge his face and the way he moves, how he treats the instrument and the way it sounds. "He's an aggressive man, he is very loved but also very feared."

"Would that scare you?" Klaus asks, reaching across the table and taking my hand.

"It would intrigue me." I tell him.

"Why?" He asks immediately.

"The world isn't awful, people are not awful, they want to be good, something makes them bad." I explain. "I would want to know what that something was."

He stares intensely at me, studying me. "Sorry, psychology major." I scoff.

"Don't be sorry Danielle." He says in a husky voice. "I like the way your mind works."

I smile, feeling my cheeks redden.

"No one has ever done anything like this for me." I state.

"Then you've been around the wrong people."

Again I smile and blush.

"You do this often, don't you?"

"Do what?"

"Take girls out, charm them then I'm guessing sleep with them and never call them back." I reply.

"You have me all wrong Danielle." He says.

"So you're not a bad boy that splashes cash to win the girls heart before forgetting all about her?"

"No."

"Good." I say. "Because that won't work with me."

"Wouldn't it?"

"Money is a piece of paper with writing on it, things that money buys are objects made by someone else, all the hard work is done for you then you just wave some money in their face and they give it you." I explain. "I like things from the heart."

"Well I'm working on mine."

"Your heart? It seems pretty intact to me."

"If only you knew the demons within it." He says.