Struggle

Danielle's POV:

I cling to my neck where Reggie had just bitten me for proof to Klaus.

Suddenly, he begins screaming and spitting. "Vervain." He growls at me.

"He hung up." Kate says.

"Then there's nothing stopping us from killing her." Reggie says, leaning towards me.

"No!" Kate exclaims. "He'll come for her, when he does that's our last chance."

"She's right, Klaus understands the importance of family more than anyone." Julie says. "And if Elijah is with him then even better."

* * * * * *

Kate anxiously paces around so does Julie, Reggie sits on the other end of the couch, staring at the blood still pumping out of my neck. Slowly, I can feel myself losing strength as the blood oozes from my wound.

"What if Klaus gives you the blood, then what?" I ask.

"Then we let you go." Kate answers.

"We didn't want to do this but it was our only option." Julie adds, she was so young, she looked around twelve.

Suddenly, the front doors burst open. Klaus and Kol stand before us. Julie backs away and stands behind the couch.

Reggie stands up, pulling me up with him, blood still slowly drizzling out the wound on my neck. "Klaus please, just a drop of your blood." Kate pleads.

"The only blood spilling will be yours." Klaus growls.

"Then I may as well kill her now." Reggie says.

"Or," Elijah says from beside both of us. "You could let her go and no one gets hurt."

Reggie looks at Kate then at me. Quickly, Elijah snaps his neck which causes him to fall the the ground. "It's rude to ignore someone." Elijah states before staking him.

Reggie skin turns a silver colour and he rots instantly.

I turn to look at Klaus and Kol to see Kate's head across the room.

"Where'd the kid go?" Kol questions, stepping forward.

"Let her go." I say.

"What?" Kol questions.

"She's just a kid, forced into doing this by her loved ones." I say, my discomfort showing through my tone.

"Are you alright?" Klaus asks, speeding around Kol and appearing in front of me.

"One of these days you're going to give me a heart attack doing that." I scoff.

He smiles before peeling my hand off my wound. "He got you good, didn't he?"

"I'll be fine, I just need to bandage it." I reply, weakening by the second.

"If you drink some of our blood then you'll heal instantly." Klaus says.

"No, thank you." I pant. "I'll just let it heal on its own."

"Any vampire around will smell you, including that sick one upstairs. I'm surprised he hasn't come down yet." Kol says.

"That's because I handled him." Finn says, walking into the room. "Lovely to meet you Danielle, I just wish it was under better circumstances."

"Lets get you out of here." Klaus says.

I nod, stepping forward but I instantly fall into Klaus, my legs feeling weak.

"I've got you love, I've got you." Klaus says in a soft tone, scooping my legs out from underneath me and carrying me bridal style to the car.

Elijah opens the door and Klaus puts me in the back seat. "None of this would be happening if you'd quit being so stubborn and just drink some blood." Kol says.

* * *

Kol's POV:

"Danielle can you hear me?" Elijah asks as we pull up on the driveway.

Danielle nods softly.

"I really do think you should have some blood, I think it's unsafe." Elijah says.

"I'm fine." She groans, sitting up. "I just need to sleep it off."

Klaus gets out of the car and helps Danielle out. "Are you sure you're okay love?" Klaus asks, cupping her cheek.

With her eyes shut she nods.

"Oh screw this." I mutter before grabbing Danielle's waist and pulling her over to me, I rip into my skin and press my bleeding vein to her mouth.

I feel her struggle under me but she's so weak it doesn't do a thing. With my arm across her chest, holding her arms down and my other across her mouth I look up at Klaus to see him enraged.