Giving Up Or In

Danielle's POV:

My eyes open and I throw my body up, taking in all the air I can. I felt like death.

"I fed Danielle my blood." Kol says.

All the Mikaelson siblings stare at me.

"What the hell happened?" I ask.

"That's what I'd like to know." Klaus says, turning to Kol.

"What's the last thing you remember?" Elijah asks.

"Mikael was here and he wanted to kill you, he was going to.. Elijah- then the witch... what?"

"You were stupid." Elijah tells me.

"When is she not?" Kol scoffs.

"I told you to go inside." Elijah says.

"I remember, and you're stupid if you thought I would just leave you to be finished by Mikael." I argue.

"We had a plan Danielle." Klaus says.

"You risked your life for mine so Mikael had the witch take it." Elijah says.

"Then how am I alive?" I question.

"You came back in such bad condition after the wolves took you, I couldn't help but think what if Klaus got to you days later. So I started putting a few drops off blood into you coffee in the morning." Kol explains.

I feel my breathing deepen and my heart sink as my eyes fill with tears. "You had no right." I say.

"Would you rather be dead right now?" Kol asks me.

"I need sleep." I say, rolling over and shutting my eyes.

"You're going to feed right?" Rebekah asks.

"I'm okay with what you are I just don't want to be it." I explain. "I couldn't handle hurting someone."

"And I couldn't handle losing you." Klaus says.

"Despite everything that has happened, meeting you was one of the best things that happened to me; you taught me to love and I will forever cherish what we had but it's my life."

"Exactly, your life, you should live it."

"Not as a vampire."

"Finn, get me a witch, if anyone can get her out of this it's us." Klaus says, pulling Finn out of the room.

Rebekah sighs, leaving after them.

"Elijah." I sigh as he goes to leave.

"You never gave up before it'd be a shame if you started now." Elijah says before walking out.

Kol sits in the corner of the room in a armchair, scowling at me. "What?" I snap.

"You've given up Danielle." Kol says.

"I'm not, I'm giving in, there's a difference." I tell him.

"So you're just going to die?" Kol asks.

"Better than me killing others." I say. "Not like you'd know anything about that."

I hear him get up and walk out of the room, slamming the door behind me.

I don't want to die alone but if it means I get to die with dignity then so be it.

I'm alone for about an hour, the pain only getting worse. I begin to sob.

I hear the door open and the bed dip beside me. "You can still change your mind." Rebekah's voice says.

"I can't risk hurting anyone." I sigh.

"If you're so hell bent on dying then why are you crying?" She asks anger and sadness in her voice.

"It hurts Rebekah." I groan. "My head is going to explode and it's taking everything inside of me to not feed on that man Kol just bought home."

"You can smell that?"

"Of course I can." I say. "You know that."

"We thought it'd help you along." She sighs.

" I don't want to die." I say, a tear running down my cheek.

"Then feed!"

"I can't be a vampire."

"We'd help you control it." She argues.