Compulsion

"Why am I staying? I love hunting." Rebekah says.

"Because you are the slowest hunter." Klaus says, opening the door for his siblings.

"Am not!" She exclaims, insulted.

"Sorry sis." Kol laughs, shutting the door behind him.

"Where's Finn?" I ask.

"He went out early this morning to head into town, he's getting more blood bags."

"You drink from blood bags?" I ask.

"Not always." She replies. "Honestly, blood tastes better fresh from the vein but it's safer and just easier to get blood bags."

"Right." I say awkwardly, opening the door.

"Where are you going?" She asks.

"Home, I need to get out of this dress." I reply.

"But you can't-"

"Then come with me." I say, walking out the door.

We get in Rebekah's car and I instruct her to my house. "Earlier, everyone was so hell bent on keeping me inside, why were you on my side?" I ask. "Or did you just want me to be killed."

She laughs.

"Ever since my family turned in 1001, I've craved having a normal life. When we arrived back in this town I wanted to start school again but it's too dangerous, if I can't have that life I'm glad you can." She explains. "Besides, us girls have got to stick together."

We pull up outside my house and I get out. "You don't have to walk me to the door you know." I say, hearing Rebekah's heeled footsteps following me.

"Oh I'm checking the whole house." She chuckles.

I open the door and suddenly hear Rebekah stop. "I thought you were checking the house." I laugh.

"I can't get in." She says. "You have to invite me inside."

"Why?"

"It's a vampire thing." She says.

"Come in Rebekah." I say before turning around to see my brother.

"Where the hell have you been?" Jason asks.

"Why aren't you at university?" I ask.

"Why aren't you at school?" He asks.

"I asked you first." I snap.

"Okay, we don't have time for this." Rebekah says.

"Jason, I'm fine, you're fine. That's all that matters right?" I question, running up the stairs.

Rebekah and Jason both follow me.

I lay a suitcase on my bed and pack as many things as I can. "What the hell is going on?" Jason exclaims.

"Jason trust me, it's fine."

"No." He says, snatching my bag.

"Alright." Rebekah sighs, putting her hands on his shoulders and staring into his eyes. "Your sister is fine, she came by for her stuff today alone. She said she is super stressed and needs sometime to figure things out, you shouldn't worry about her and she'll be home soon."

"She'll be back soon." Jason mutters before walking out of my room and down the stairs.

"Compulsion?" I question.

"You gotta love it." She smiles, helping me zip my case up.

* * * * * *

After dropping my clothes off at home Rebekah convinces me to go shopping with her. "I thought you wanted to keep me inside." I laugh.

"I do but seeing all your clothes made me want to get some." She replies. "Just stay close and we'll be fine."

Less than fifteen minutes later we arrive at the mall. We get out of her Mercedes and walk into many stores.