Training

"We can't plan anything until Mikael is found." Klaus says, leaning back in his chair behind his desk and placing his feet on the solid wood.

"I know you, you always have a plan, in action or not." I state, sitting in Kol's seat. "Why won't you tell me?"

"Because I don't want you apart of it, the less danger you're in the better." Klaus snaps, sitting forward in his chair and slamming his fists against the desk.

"I am apart of it!" I snarl. "My family is in danger now! I will not lose anymore of them."

"And I will not lose you!" Klaus yells, vamp speeding in front of me and slamming his hands against the arms of the chair, leaning down to me. "Am I understood?"

I scowl up at him, silent.

"Am I?"

"You think you know what I'm capable of, you have no idea what I'm capable of." I snap, pushing myself up to stand, expecting Klaus to move but instead he doesn't and I come face to face with him, our bodies less than a centimetre apart.

Klaus's POV:

Danielle takes one look at me before storming out, slamming the door behind her.

"I agree we should keep her safe." Rebekah says. "But if you keep pushing her away you're going to lose her."

Rebekah storms out after Danielle.

"Women, so dramatic." I scoff, sitting back down.

"She deserves the truth Niklaus." Elijah says.

"She can't handle the truth." I say before scribbling down a plan.

Elijah straightens the cuffs of his blazer before following in Rebekah's footsteps.

"So it's just the two of us brother, do you think those witches will find him?" I ask Finn.

"They will." He replies. "But until them, I think you should share you thoughts with the girl that you love."

"Oh Finn, always the romantic." I scoff. "How is Sage?" I question, knowing she's dead.

"You will end up alone brother." Finn says, before getting up.

"I have one priority, Danielle, I do not care about your tragic romance." I spit as he slams the door, leaving me in my office. Alone with my thoughts.

Danielle's POV:

"Nick has idea's." Rebekah tells me. "Nothing is final."

"All you need to know is Mikael will be taken down this week." Elijah says. "We just need the witches to pull through."

"Thank you." I smile. "I know it isn't easy standing up to him."

"We understand the importance of family." Rebekah says. "We see why you want to help.

"But I'm so weak. I failed to fight off Kol who I'm sure was being gentle with me, how am I ever going to help take down Mikael?" 

"You have strengths in other places." Elijah says, pointing to my heart. "You have a big heart Danielle, it's one of the most lovable things about you."

I smile as Elijah passes me and walks into the living room.

"Try steroids." Rebekah shrugs.

"Rebekah I'm serious." I laugh. "I know I'll never match your power but I need to try."

"I'll help you." She says. "Change and come find me."

* * * *

I change into some yoga pants and a tank top before searching for Rebekah.

"Basement." Elijah says.

"How did you know? You guys can't read my thoughts right?"

"I heard your earlier conversion." He chuckles.

"Right." I scoff. "Well thanks."

I head down a set of stairs and into the basement that I didn't know existed. Reaching the bottom of the stairs I'm pushed against the wall and Rebekah's hand wraps around my throat.

"Lesson one," She says with a smile. "Always be ready."

She lets go of my next and walks deeper into the basement. "The element of surprise is key."

"Got it." I say.

"Come at me." She orders.

"I don't want to hurt you." I retort.

"I really wouldn't worry about that." Rebekah laughs. "Here, stake me."

She tosses me a stake which I catch. "Are you sure?"

"I doubt you'll get to use it but even if you do it won't kill me."

"But it'll hurt, right?" I question.

"Like I said, I doubt you'll land it on me." She says. "So come on."

"Okay." I breathe.

I tighten my grip on the stake, walking towards her..