Type

Tumblr prompt (kinda): "Do you have a type?"
"You."
"Oh, so tall, blond-"
"No type, just you."

Pairing: FourZeroBryce

Scotty and Bryce were probably the weirdest duo of friends. Bryce was very energetic and talkative, while Scotty just scrolled through his phone and listened. People were confused on how this was even a friendship, but no one really said anything.

The topic Bryce was currently on was types. "They have to be able to listen to me. Because, you know, I talk a lot. And if they try to take that away from me, well, they can say goodbye. I'm not sure if they necessarily need to be funny? I mean, it's more like a bonus point. But they can't be completely boring, you know what I mean? I honestly don't care about looks, which may seem weird, but it's true. Personality wise, they can't be jerks. Because I'm a very nice person, and if I see you being mean, we're through. I mean, if it's like a friend thing where they're jokingly being mean, then that's fine. But if you're doing it just to be mean, goodbye." He looked over at Scotty, who was still looking at his phone. He glanced up at Bryce, which told him that he had been listening.

"Do you have a type?" Bryce asked. He knew not everyone exactly had a type, but they had at least one thing that they like.

Scotty stopped scrolling, but didn't look up from his phone.

"You."

The fact that Scotty had answered was surprising enough. Bryce expected maybe a shrug or a nod or for him to shake his head. But nonetheless, he still smiled.

"Oh, so tall, blond-"

"No type, just you."

Bryce tilted his head in confusion. "I'm sorry?"

"You're my type."

"So, tall-"

Scotty sighed and put down his phone to look at Bryce with an annoyed look. "No. You're my type. If anyone else was tall and blond, I wouldn't like them. If they were really similar to you, you would still be my type, not them."

The sudden outburst made Bryce jump. His eyes widened, as he was not expecting Scotty to snap in such a way. "That doesn't make any sense, Scotty." Scotty sighed again, sounding even more annoyed.

"Bryce, you're such an idiot."

Before Bryce could respond, Scotty had reached over and pulled Bryce closer, pushing their lips together. Bryce blushed immediately. Scotty's eyes were shut tight.

When he pulled back, he pushed Bryce back in his seat and began looking at his phone again. Bryce's mouth was open slightly. He couldn't believe what had just happened.

He looked at Scotty, who seemed to not be completely ignoring him. His eyes wandered to the table, where one of Scotty's hands were sitting. He took a breath and reached one of his hands out, resting it on top of Scotty's. Scotty turned his hand over and grabbed Bryce's. Bryce smiled brightly and looked back over at Scotty.

Scotty was still looking at his phone, but Bryce could see a small smile on his face. The smile made Bryce's own smile grow. He had never seen Scotty smile before, but it looked really nice. Bryce squeezed Scotty's hand and leaned back, looking at Scotty once more.