I Saw That You Were Upset, So I Got Some Ramen Noodles For You

Note: Original one-shot. I hope you enjoy it!

Pairing: Krynoss

Evan and some of the others were over at Tyler's house for the 4th of July. It was the first time Evan had been invited, and it was actually more fun than he'd expected.

They were all hanging out in Tyler's living room, talking about God knows what. Evan wasn't really paying attention to what they were saying, as he was too busy scrolling through tweets and doing whatever on his phone. It seemed that they were poking fun at John, though.

If Evan was honest, he admired him. His "I don't give a fuck" attitude was something Evan always kind of wanted; he himself was more uptight than anything. He cared a lot, about appearance and other things, being self conscious, while John seemed more laid back and wasn't afraid to speak his mind. If Evan was being really honest, he kind of had a small crush on him. He would love to get to know John better, but their personalities didn't go well together - or, rather, they didn't in Evan's mind.

Evan started paying attention to the conversation when he heard John laugh. Well, fake laugh. It just sounded odd to Evan, which is why he glanced up from his phone and started listening. "I'm going to chill for a bit," John said, getting up and going into his room.

The others just laughed it off and continued talking.

Evan frowned. He hadn't heard what they had said, but John didn't seem very pleased with it for whatever reason.

He felt someone nudge him, and when he looked over, he saw Smitty looking at him. "Come on," he said, and got up. Evan was confused but got up and followed him. Smitty went into the kitchen and got into the pantry, pulling out a package of ramen noodles.

"So... Why'd you call me in here?" Evan asked, leaning against the counter.

"Cause I saw how you watched John walk out of the room after the others teased him a little too much," he said as he filled a pot with water and out it on the stove to boil.

Evan blushed from embarrassment, "Was I that obvious?"

"Eh, not really, but I'm really good at reading people, so."

"Oh." Evan blinked and looked at the pot. "So what's the noodles for?"

"Oh, John loves ramen noodles. So, I figured he could use some. And you're gonna give them to him."

"Wait - I'm giving them to him? Why?"

Smitty turned off the stove and put the noodles in the pot before looking at Evan and rolling his eyes, "Cause I can see you got a crush on him, idiot. I can read people pretty well, remember?"

Evan opened his mouth to retaliate, but closed it after he couldn't think of anything.

"Exactly."

Evan glared at him before moving his gaze to the noodles that Smitty was stirring.

When they were done, Smitty put the noodles in a bowl and handed it to Evan. Evan took it, and Smitty led the way to John's room. The guys didn't pay attention to them as they walked past.

Smitty stopped at John's door and knocked. "Hey, John? Me and Evan made some noodles for you. Can we come in?"

Evan heard a muffled response from inside the room, and Smitty opened the door and shoved him inside, shutting it right after. Evan turned around to the door before turning back to John.

John was laying on his back on the bed, just vaping.

"Uh, hi?" Evan didn't know what else to say.

John sat up and looked at Evan. Evan's thoughts all went out the window for a second before coming back and hitting him in the face.

"I - uh...ramen?" He held the bowl out awkwardly.

John chuckled and just patted the spot next to him. Evan sat down next to him and handed him the bowl, looking down at his hands awkwardly right after. John chuckled again and began eating, "On what occasion do I get the pleasure of noodles from you?"

Evan looked up at him, still blushing slightly, "I, uh, saw that you seemed kinda upset at whatever the guys had said - I wasn't paying attention to the words - and felt bad... Smitty's the one who made the noodles, though... He said that they were your favorite food?"

"Damn right. Ramen noodles are the best and no one can convince me otherwise."

That caused Evan to giggle a little. John smiled at him as he continued eating.

"I'm guessing your feeling better?" Evan asked after seeing the smile.

"Kinda, but I don't think I'm gonna go back out there. It's late and I just wanna relax before I deal with those fuckers again." Evan nodded, understanding completely.

They sat in silence as John finished up his noodles. Evan didn't know what else to say; Smitty had just thrown him in this situation and he didn't know how to handle it.

John wiped his mouth with his hand as he placed the bowl on the table next to the bed. He leaned over and kissed Evan on the cheek, "Thanks, Ev."

Evan froze, and his cheeks soon became a bright red. John chuckled and fell back onto the bed, blowing a vape before making a disgusted noise. "Word of advice: don't eat ramen and then vape, it tastes awful," he coughed, tossing his vape onto the table as well. Evan chuckled slightly, relaxing a bit.

John patted the spot next to him once more, "Lay down with me, Ev." Evan slowly laid back down next to John, keeping his eyes trained on the ceiling.

They laid in silence again for a while, and Evan actually found it peaceful. He didn't know what time it was, but glancing out the window he figured it was late.

He also figured it was late because John yawned beside him and scooted closer to him, resting his head on Evan's chest. Evan felt the blush on his face grow, and he slowly wrapped an arm around John, pulling him closer. He took a chance and glanced over at John.

John was fast asleep.

Evan smiled and looked back at the ceiling, sighing before closing his eyes and drifting off.