Cowboy

Prompt: "You better rocket, cowboy."

Pairing: Basicallyido407

The convention was just as packed as Scotty had expected. Which kind of sucked, because he was trying to find his friends, and he couldn't find them anywhere. Usually they would ride in the same car, but things happened, and they ended up arriving in separate cars. His phone had died because he had lost his charger. He'd managed to keep it at least somewhat charged for as long as possible, but today had been the last of its lives. Of course it dies on the day I need it most, he thought, frowning to himself when he saw it was finally dead. He sighed and shoved it back into his pocket and walked around to try and find the fuckers. 

Him and his friends had decided to cosplay for the event, just for shits and giggles. Evan and Craig had decided to dress up together and were Mario and Luigi; Jonathan was Jason from Friday the 13th; Luke had gone as a devil and Ryan had gone as a bunny (although his definition of a cosplay was a bunny hoodie). Scotty himself was Woody from Toy Story, one of his all-time favorite movies.

As Scotty was trying to scope out his friends, he heard an unknown voice form behind him say something.

"There's a snake in my boot," the person teased, obviously referring to Scott. Without missing a beat, Scott turned around with a straight face and replied, "And there's a cap in yo' ass." The man, who was cosplaying as Finn from Adventure Time (and was surprisingly pretty) stared at him for a second before he burst out laughing. Scott felt a little embarrassed by the auto reply (especially because of how cute the guy was) and he felt his face grow hot a little. 

The man walked up to him when he was done laughing with a smile. "You always greet strangers like that?" he asked, using Scott as an armrest. 

"Heh, uh, no, me and my friends just have that joke and that's what I respond with... Sorry," he apologized.

"No need to apologize, that was funny as shit. But anyways, were you lookin' for something? Cause you looked a little lost there, cowboy."

Scott felt the blush creep up his cheeks and he hoped to God the guy didn't notice.

"Uh, yeah, I was looking for my friends."

"Oh really? What do they look like?"

"Well, if you see a Mario and Luigi, a Jason Voorhees, a devil, or a guy in a bunny hoodie, that's them."

The guy snorted and looked around. "Well, I don't see them anywhere... Why don't you stick around, cowboy? Get to know each other a lil bit?"

"Uh, sure?"

The man grinned at him. "The name's Marcel. What about you, cowboy?"

"Scotty."

"Scotty... That's a name I can imagine saying," Marcel said, winking. It took Scotty a second to catch on, but when he did, he blushed madly.

Before he could respond, he heard someone yell from across the room, "Scooter! Where the fuck are you?"

Scotty looked over in the direction where the yell came from and saw a red Mario hat through the crowd. His hat was flicked up by Marcel, who was smirking at him. "You better rocket, cowboy," he said, winking as he shoved Scotty in the direction of his friends. Scotty glanced behind him at Marcel, who waved slightly and winked again before turning around to talk to someone. Scotty turned back and pushed his way through the crowd to find Craig, and of course the rest of them were with him.

"Where the fuck were you? We called you twice and you didn't pick up," Luke scowled.

"I uh, sorry, I was talking to someone," Scotty apologized, scratching the back of his neck. Craig perked up at the sound of that and grinned at him,

"Ooh, was the someone cute?"

Scotty blushed and told him to shut up, which confirmed Craig's suspicions.

"Look at you, my baby boy is growing up. I'm so proud," Ryan said, pretending to wipe a tear from his eye. Everyone else snickered.

"I said shut up, you jerks!" Scotty shouted, and everyone laughed.

"Alright, alright, that's enough teasing for the man. Now let's get on to the convention!" Evan said, and everyone agreed. Scotty was thankful for Evan, who gave him a smile and a thumbs up when no one was looking. Scott smiled back and kept his eye out for Marcel, hoping he'd see him again and maybe get his number this time.