I Can Still Catch Up to You

Pairing: Switz

Two kids ran around the backyard, laughing. The shorter of the two was chasing the other, determined and threatening to catch the other.

"Get back here!" he yelled, reaching his hand out.

"You gotta catch me first!" the other giggled, turning around the tree to try and throw the first off. It failed, however, and the first one caught him, catching the back of his shirt and tripping forward. He landed on top of his friend, and quickly sat up. "Ha! Told you I would win!" he cheered triumphantly.

"Eric," the other groaned, sitting up on his elbows. "Get off of me!"

"No can do," Eric laughed, fixing where he was sitting before bouncing.

His friend yelped. "Eric! Get off of my butt! It's not funny!"

Eric laughed before finally getting up and offering a hand. "Sorry, Cam. You didn't land too hard, did you?"

Cam took his hand and pulled himself up. "Nah, I'm good. It only kinda hurt when you bounced, you jerk. Who even does that when someone's down?"

Eric laughed, "I do, cause it's fun. You gotta learn how to run faster."

"I'm at my maximum run capacity, what do you mean? I can't run faster! You just...cheat."

"I don't cheat and you know it! Besides, you should be running faster than me cause you're taller."

"That's why I say you're cheating."

"I'm not cheating, shut up!"

"Cameron! Eric! It's time for lunch!" Cameron's mother called from the house.

"Ooh, I hope she made grilled cheese again! Your mom makes the best grilled cheese," Eric said as he grabbed Cam's hand.

"I know," Cam said proudly, pulling him up to the house.

~~

Two men ran around in the empty children's park, laughing. The shorter of the two was chasing the other, and was threatening to catch the other.

"Get back here you fuck!" he laughed, hand outstretched.

"No thanks, cunt, you gotta catch me first!" the other giggled. He tried to grab onto the swings to turn himself around, but he failed. The first one crashed into the front of him, landing on top of the other. He quickly sat up triumphantly.

"Ha! Take that, bitch!"

The other groaned. "Eric, get the fuck off me!"

"Nope!" Eric grinned.

Cam rolled his eyes. "Well can you at least come down here and give me a kiss, you cunt?"

Eric laughed before leaning down, kissing him. Cam tried to roll them over, but Eric pushed Cam down again, pinning his hands to the ground. He pulled back with a smirk. "You can't win that easily, dumbass."

Cam sighed. "God, you act like when we were kids."

"Hey, hey! Even when we were kids I always kicked your ass! I don't wanna hear it!"

Cam rolled his eyes again, "Yeah, cause you always cheated. Now will you get off of me?"

"Well, I was, but you called me a cheater, so now I'm not going to."

"Eric! I'm serious!"

"Nope. You gotta sit there and suffer."

"Oh, come on!" Cam groaned. "If I give you another kiss, will you get off of me?"

Eric paused. "Maybe."

Cam laughed, and leaned up to give Eric another kiss. Eric let go of Cam's hands and instead caressed his face. They pulled back again, both smiling widely. "Alright, I think it's time to go home," Cam murmured, sitting up.

"What are we having for dinner?"

"Y'know, I'm thinking grilled cheese sandwiches. What do you think?"

"Aw, hell yeah! You make the best ones. Well, other than your mom. She made the best ones in the entire world.

Cam laughed. "Yeah, she did. Come on, let's go."

Eric got up, and offered a hand to Cam. Cam took it, pulling himself up. He pulled back, only to wrap an arm around Eric's waist, pulling him closer as they walked home.