Cherry Blossoms

Note: This is a long one-shot. I hope you enjoy it though!

Pairing: Kradio (Johnontheradio x Kryoz)

As Toby and John sat at their picnic blanket, they were in peace. The leaves were flowing in the breeze, and everything was nice. Cherry blossom petals fell onto John's head, but Toby didn't say a word; instead, he smiled at how sweet they looked on him.

All of their friends were supposed to be enjoying the cherry blossom festival, but none had shown aside from them.

They sat drinking tea that was discounted for the occasion on a park bench waiting for the others. Toby took another sip of his as he tries not to smile at the floral appearance of his friend. The two had been friends for a little while now, but everyone knew how Toby really felt about John.

"What are you giggling about?" John asked, noticing his smile.

"Nothing..." Toby quietly took another sip of his matcha latte when John noticed Toby's cheeks turned to match the colors of the petals.

"You're just...you look kinda cute is all. With the petals around I mean. You look very pastel."

"Oh. Well, you look cute too, drinking your tea with your rosy cheeks. It all fits nicely, like a painting."

Toby's cheeks got even pinker. "Shut up. It's just because my tea is still really hot..." He looked up for a second and locked with Johns gray blue eyes, and then they darted away. "It is really nice out though, huh? Really nice weather."

"Yeah, it's pretty nice," John says, although he doesn't take his eyes off of Toby. He smiles to himself at the picture in front of him; Toby looking off into the distance with a smile on his face, looking content. He wished he could see this more often.

"When are the others supposed to show up? I know we're pretty early, but I don't know what's going on with them. They should have been here thirty minutes ago!" Toby tried to find a new topic. It was an excuse to not be alone with John before he bursts into song at how magical this prince looked. All he needed were the others to show up and he can act like his goofy self again, but just being here in the quiet with John? It was really nice, but he had no idea what to say to him.

"Mm, I don't know... maybe they got lost. But hey, more to ourselves, amiright?" He may or may not have sent them the wrong directions on accident and just didn't correct them. He wanted the chance to be alone with Toby for a bit and Smitty (who may or may not have known exactly where they were supposed to be) helped the others get a bit lost since he knew what John wanted.

"I suppose so yeah. I heard that there's a couple stands around to that have special cherry blossom themed desserts and trinkets 'n such. I was gonna try to see what stuff they have after I finished my tea." Toby bit his lip and just stared at his latte for a moment. "We could go check them out while we wait for the others and kill some time. You want to?"

John shrugged, "Sure. I'm getting a bit hungry anyways." He stood up and held his heavily accessorized hand out for Toby.

Oh shit, Toby's brain screamed internally. He took a large swig of the rest of his tea, wiped his mouth a little with the sleeve of his pink sweater, and took John's hand. His heart was doing flips as he tried so hard not to break into a smile. We're just two bros hanging out. It's nothing special. We're just hanging out... and holding hands I guess. It's totally normal. This is what friends do. This is very much a thing just-friends do. Toby made it a goal to try and not geek out in front of his fellow John.

"I-uh, I think the first stand is over by the river that way. I picked up a little pamphlet by the front gates. They have the different event things listed. Sorta like a scavenger hunt in a way? Originally I was going to try and do a vlog type thing with everyone, b-but..." He tried his best to keep his heart in his chest and not in his throat. "I suppose this works too..."