This Isn't For You

Note: This is kinda angsty. I hope you enjoy it!

Pairing: Swadio

When Toby first moved in with Eric, he thought it was a bit weird when Eric told him to stay out of the basement. Eric wouldn't give him an answer as to why he couldn't, but Toby didn't want to push it after they just moved in together, so he let it go.

But it never left the back of his head, the possibilities of what could be down there. Was it some sort of project he was working on? Was it just unfinished? Was there something dangerous down there?

Well, probably not anything dangerous, unless it was unfinished and there were bolts and things Eric didn't want Toby stepping on. If that was the case, then Toby considered the action romantic, to say the least.

"Hey, babe?" Eric called one day, grabbing his coat.

"Yeah?" Toby called back, walking into the living room to see what he needed.

"I'm going to the grocery store for a bit."

"We just got groceries yesterday?"

"I wanna make some brownies tonight."

"Ah, okay. Love ya, be safe."

Eric gave Toby a kiss. "Love you too. I'll be back soon."

He walked out, and Toby sighed happily. He really did love that man.

Eric was only supposed to be gone for a couple of minutes, but minutes turned into half an hour. Toby frowned when he checked the time. He texted Eric, hoping he was okay.

🦋 Butterfly boy 🦋
Sorry, ended up talking to a friend and got lost in time, and there's an accident on the road. I'm okay, I'll be there soon xx

Toby relaxed, glad that he was okay.

👑 Queen 👑
Alright, be safe. Love you ❤️

Truth be told, Eric came back a couple minutes later with brownie mix. Toby was sure to give him a hug and a kiss when he came home. Eric chuckled, "Miss me?"

"Of course, baby," Toby giggled, wrapping his arms around Eric's waist. "Now what about those brownies, hm?"

"Those are for after dinner. Besides, you're the sweetest thing right now," Eric winked.

Toby rolled his eyes before giving Eric a kiss. "God, you're such a dork." Eric grinned at him and just kissed him again.

After dinner, and after the brownies we're consumed and after they had gone to bed, Toby had gotten up for a glass of water.

He was about to go back to bed when the door to the basement caught his eye. It was slightly ajar. He glanced down the hallway, and after hearing nothing, he decided to go down there. Eric wouldn't know. And besides, he'd probably just stay at the bottom step before going back up and into bed.

At the bottom step, Toby felt the wall for the light switch, and turned it on. The lights flickered on, and Toby gasped.

It was like a torture chamber down there. Blood stained the walls and floor, there was a table full of different bloodied tools, a bigger table with straps, a chair with straps, and so many other horrendous things. Toby had a hand over his mouth as he stepped down, horrified.

Was he next?

Toby stepped closer to the table in the middle, shaking slightly.

"Baby, what did I tell you about coming down here?"

Toby jumped and quickly twirled around to see Eric with his arms crossed. Toby took a step back. "Don't step any closer," he warned, his voice shaky.

Eric sighed, and took a step closer. Toby grabbed one of the items off of the small table, which ended up being a pair of scissors, holding it in front of him. "Don't fucking get near me." His eyes were starting to tear up.

Eric continued to walk forward, and Toby walked back until his back hit the wall. He shook even more, and the tears started to fall.

Eric reached his hand out, and Toby held the scissors up higher. Eric sighed again. "Baby, this isn't for you," he said softly, grabbing the scissors from Toby's hands and wiping the tears from Toby's cheek.

"W-what?"

"None of this stuff is for you, baby. I can tell you're scared of that. I would t hurt you, you know this. God, I'd kill myself before I even thought about hurting you." Eric brushed some hair away from Toby's face, wiping more tears off of his cheeks.

"T-then who is this all for?"

"Bad people, Toby. Very bad people. I find them, and make sure they don't do bad things. But I'd never, ever do something like this to you. Okay?"

Toby sniffled, and nodded with his naiveness.

Eric smiled and gave him a kiss on the head. "Come on, let's go back to bed, yeah? We can forget all of this in the morning. This never happened. Alright?"

Toby nodded.

Eric brought him back upstairs and back to bed, and Toby went to bed, sincerely believing everything Eric had said.

Oh, how naive the poor boy was.