Partners in Crime

Note: Based off of the song Partners in Crime by Set It Off. I hope you enjoy this slightly angsty one-shot!

Pairing: Basicallyido407

It started as a small little hobby.

They'd sneak into parties (mostly college ones that were hosted by some snotty rich kid) and distract people as they pickpocketed them. Scotty was more discreet, being able to take a wallet from a pocket and he was talking to the person who owned said wallet. Marcel wasn't as discreet; he couldn't pickpocket for his life. But he was an excellent get away driver if they were caught (which barely happened, but still), and if everyone was distracted enough, he could take a couple of wallets (and every once in a while he would take some really expensive vase he found that they would sell later for some mad cash).

And as they got older, their hobby became less if a hobby and more of a job. Of course, they didn't work for anyone but themselves. They only trusted each other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marcel whistled as Scotty walked out, now wearing a suit. "Damn, you look good." Scotty's immediate reaction was to pose ridiculously while twirling his tie around his fingers.

"I know I do, baby," he said, making his voice lower than it normally was. They both were set into a fit of giggles for a minute.

"Alright, don't mess up your tie now," Marcel said, walking over to him and fixing it.

Scotty swatted him away, "I know how to fix my tie!" Marcel rolled his eyes and handed him the earpiece.

"Here you go. You do know the plan here, correct?"

"Get as much money as you can, and target the lady named Chrissy, right?"

Marcel nodded and smiled. "Look at you, you finally remembered something!"

Scotty rolled his eyes. "Of course I would remember, the target is supposedly a pretty lady, how could I forget?"

"You better not run away with her or I will be coming for your ass, Scott."

Scotty rolled his eyes again and kissed Marcel. "Like I would ever leave you."

Marcel grinned and gave Scotty a peck on the lips. "Alright, let's go steal some shit."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scotty made sure to get one last good luck kiss from Marcel before he left the car. He made sure he fixed his appearance as he walked up to the door. He flashed his fake invitation (it was very easy to replicate, but he wasn't about to tell them that) and got in.

The place was way fancier than he expected. It looked as if the walls were made of gold, with the chandelier putting the icing on the cake. He looked around at all the people in fancy clothes and grinned.

This was gonna be fun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Purse after purse, wallet after wallet, Scotty was getting it all. He even found a bracelet in one purse, a bracelet that he knew was gonna cost a lot. He still hadn't found this Chrissy, though. Or maybe he had, and he had already pickpocketed her. Either way, he was getting a little bored. He was about to let Marcel know that he was done when he bumped into someone. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry," the woman said, gasping.

"It's okay," Scotty assured, laughing a little. He was about to excuse himself when she grabbed his arm.

"... You don't look familiar... Do I know you?"