Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Finnick Pov.

I sit in one of the chairs, tired from standing up with a baby in my arms. She's light, but I lost my energy after rocking her back and forth for who knows how long. I sit next to Finn, who is tying knots with my old rope. His little fingers make this very easy for him, he has complex knots made and untied in a few minutes.

"Hey, Dad?" Finn says.

"Yes?" I ask.

"I think I like a girl..." he tells me, shyly. He is kind of shy like Annie. Except for when he's playing sports, then he has my confidence.

I smirk a little, "Can I ask who?"

"Angela," he tells me.

"As in, your best friend, Angela?" I ask.

"Yea... But I don't know what to do. I keep getting nervous around her, I don't know what to say anymore. So I just make small talk with her and then go hang out with Simon, Cody, and Daniel. You and Mom were just friends, when did you start liking each other?" he asks.

"Well, there was a kid named Jerry, he was picking on Annie,"

Finn cuts me off, "I think I know what you did, did you beat him up, Dad?" He asks. He knows me so well.

"Actually, you are spot on." This makes us both laugh, we have a similar sense of humor. "So, after I took care of him, I was talking to Annie, and I started to like her, a lot. So I just gave her a kiss on the cheek, and I fell for her right after."

"So, did you guys start dating after that?" he asks.

"No, I actually asked her out the year of my first reaping. Which was the next day, and then we went out, got along really well, and that's pretty much what happened." I tell him.

"So what should I do?" he asks.

"Well, stop avoiding her, for starters. And if she's anything like your Mom, she'll love honesty." I tell him.

"So you think I should tell her, that I like her?" he asks.

"That's up to you, bud." I say.

"I wish I didn't like her, it would make things so much easier. But I always think about her."

I know the feeling, I think to myself.

"That's how it was when I was with Annie." I tell him.

He looks like he's lost in some kind of daydream. I smirk, realizing this is how I looked when thinking of Annie.

Finn eventually falls asleep, and Annie wakes up.

"Hey, doing okay?" she asks.

"Yea," I get up. "Want to hold her?"

"Sure, I'm sure your arms need a break anyways." I hand Maggie to her. "She's so cute."

"She looks like you, of course she's cute." I tell Annie, she turns pink. "Don't tell him I told you, but Finn has a crush."

"On, Angie?" she asks.

"Yes, on Angie." I tell her.

"I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! I knew it!" she says, like she won a bet.

I laugh a little.

"So, what advice did you give him?" she asks.

"How do you know I gave him 'advice'?" I ask.

"Because, you and him are like this," she crosses her fingers. "And I knew that when he liked a girl he would go to you."

I smile, "Want me to take him home? Nixon said he could watch him."

"If you want," she says. "Just don't be gone too long."

I give her a kiss and wake Finn up so that we can walk home.

"Uncle Nixon is going to watch you, okay?" I tell him.

"Okay." he says, he goes into Nixon's house.

"Thanks for watching him, Nixon."

"No problem, hey Finn, want some ice cream?" he asks.

"Yes!" he cheers.

I laugh, "Not too much!"

"Okay bye Dad." he says and runs into the kitchen.

I walk back to the hospital, Annie and Mags are still together. I hold Mags again, I lay next to Annie, I fall asleep with both of my girls right next to me.