Chapter 57

Chapter 57

Annie Pov.

"Finnick calm down, it's just one date," I tell Finnick whose pacing back and forth.

"I know, I know, I'm just worried."

"Finn, she is a good kid, we started dating when we were eleven and twelve, Finn at the same age. She's almost sixteen and this is her first date. You should trust our daughter enough to go on one date alone. We went to the beach alone all the time and we weren't even considered teenagers. Let her be." I tell him, he's being ridiculous.

"Okay, but if he does anything to hurt her, I will kill him." He says.

"Yea, and then you'll go to jail," I say.

"No one would know," he jokes so I laugh a little.

"You have to let her find her one special guy sometime, and maybe it is Michael."

He nods, "But I got a bad vibe from him, he seemed, fake."

"Give him a chance,"

I give him a kiss and we hear a knock on the door. I walk away from Finnick and open it.

"Hey guys, have a good time?" I ask Maggie and Michael.

"Yea, Maggie beat me at a swimming race, she's so fast I would come out of the water and she'd be a mile away!" Michael says and I laugh.

I see Finnick whisper something to Maggie and she shakes her head and laughs.

"Well I'm glad you two had fun," I say.

"Bye Mike, see you at school"?" Maggie says.

"Yea, see you then."

He walks away and Maggie comes in and closes the door.

"So?" I ask.

"So..." She says.

"Well, how was it?" I ask.

She smiles, "Perfect,"

Finnick looks... Nervous?

"Did he kiss you?" Finnick asks with a smirk.

Maggie's eyes get wide and she turns pink.

"Maggie, it's okay," I say.

"Well, um, uh, is someone calling me?" She tries to change the subject.

"No one else is in the house," Finnick says.

She begins to open her mouth before Finn and Angie come in with Faith and Alex.

Maggie lets out a "phew."

I know my daughter and I know she got kissed.

Maggie tells Angie all about her date, and I eaves drop but I act like I'm talking with the Finns'.

"Seems like you really like him," Angie says.

"Yeah, I do,"

"Maggie," I say.

"Yea?"

"You're not in trouble for getting kissed, you know." I tell her.

She nods. "I don't, I don't want dad to be mad."

"He won't, he can't keep you away from boys forever. If he says something, feel free to ask why Finn was allowed to date at age eleven but you weren't." She smirks at the idea.

After dinner and everything Finn and Angie and the kids head home.

Finnick and I go upstairs, and after he rants about what he'll do if Michael hurts Maggie I fall asleep because I get bored, I hear his laugh and he wraps his arms around me.