Chapter 70

Chapter 70

Maggie Pov.

"I don't want you to go back," Darius says. "You should just stay here forever."

We are sitting on the couch, the days have gone by fast. I've been here for three days already.

"I wanna stay here forever, but I'll have to go back soon."

"Yeah, I know." He says sadly. "Hey Maggie, if this works out really well, and if we got married, where do you think we'd choose to live?"

I laugh a little.

"Too soon to ask?" he asks.

"No, no, I think it's cute." he smiles. "Well, I don't know Dare. I love District Twelve and all, I just-"

"Couldn't bare to leave District Four permanently?" he asks.

I nod, "And it wouldn't be fair to ask you to choose my home over yours."

"Well, I think I would choose your home,"

"Really? You're not just saying that?" I ask.

"No, of course not. I love District Four and as long as we came back here often, I would be fine with that."

I kiss his cheek, "I love how we're so in love we are already talking about marriage and living arrangements."

"Yeah well, I plan on being your permanent boyfriend." he smiles and I do too.

"I would be totally fine with that."

"How long have we been dating now?" he asks.

"Almost a month, well it will be a month in... five days."

"Yeah, that is soon to be talking about marriage." he says, and I nod but laugh a little. "How crazy would it be if I asked you anytime soon?"

"Dare... What do you mean?" I ask.

He gets down on one knee in front of me. "I'm just kidding." And he sits back next to me.

I put my hand over my heart, "Don't do that! I thought for a second you were overly clingy or something!" He laughs. "Seriously, I still have a year left of school. I can't be married while I'm in school, that would just be weird, not that you're weird, I mean, i'd be weird for being married at the age of fifteen."

"You're only fifteen?" He asks.

"Yeah, so?"

"No, I thought you were sixteen. I'm eighteen which makes me an adult, so... I'm dating a kid." he laughs.

"Haha very funny, I'm still more mature than you!"

"True, but I'm talking about age, not maturity."

"Yeah, whatever. Age shouldn't matter when it comes to love."

"It doesn't, which is why even though you're three years younger, I still love you."

"And even though you're an old man I love you too."

"I'm not old! I'm just older than you."

I laugh. "I know, I'm just acting like my age."

"Don't act fifteen please, those girls are so annoying."

I laugh, "I know, I still go to school with them." I put on my best girly voice and say, "Wait till I tell them about my super cute and smart older boyfriend who lives in District Twelve!"

He laughs, "Yeah, you mastered that tone of voice."

"So are you even in school anymore?"

"No, I wanna get a job though. My Dad offered me a spot in the bakery, so that's cool. I'm just not that into it. Lilly on the other hand, she's a natural."

"What do you wanna do then?" I ask.

"I wanna do something artsy," he says.

"Oh that reminds me, you have to show me that picture you painted of me."

"Okay, come on." He takes me up stairs to a small room where paintings cover it.

He looks and finds it, and it's just like me.

My brown hair sprawled across the grass, the sun, my clothes.

He did better than I ever could.

"Wow,"

"Not bad?"

"It's a lot better than 'not bad'." I tell him. He smiles. "Have you ever thought about selling your work in the Capitol?"

"No, I didn't think I was good enough," He says.

"You are way better than good enough at this, you could totally pull off being an artist." I tell him.

"I want to,"

"Then do it."