Chapter 72

Chapter 72

Annie Pov.

"You're sure?" I ask, smiling.

"I'm sure Annie," Ms. Everdeen says. "You're gonna have another kid."

I smile brightly. I get up and give her a hug.

"I'm so excited," I wasn't sure, and I didn't want to tell Finnick, get his hopes up for nothing, and then be wrong. Even now I could lose the baby, he or she isn't even a month old.

"You're a great mother and I can't wait to help you with this child." She says smiling.

"I can't wait to meet her, or him. I don't know if I want a boy or girl. I have one of each already."

She laughs, "We'll just let nature decide then."

"I can't wait to tell Finnick. I didn't say anything because I wasn't sure. You should feel special because you're the first one to know about him or her." She smiles. "I keep saying him or her because I hate when people call their baby 'it' because they don't know the gender."

She laughs, "Me too. If you don't want to say 'him or her' just say baby! 'It' sounds like you're calling the baby some kind of monster."

"Its true! Well, I'll see you in a couple weeks."

"Yup, see you then, bye Annie."

"Bye."

I can't wait to tell Finnick. I was acting weird before, because I wanted another kid. And I wasn't sure if I'd get one. I was actually upset, because when he brought up my age I realized I was young enough to still have a kid and it made me get my hopes up but I didn't want my hopes up because I wasn't sure. So, now that you understand, I'm done explaining.

I can't wait to tell him!

But there's also something that I have to tell him, and it's not good news.

My sister left a voicemail, and she's threatening me. She said; "You won last time. But this whole thing is a game, and I won't stop playing until I win. I know many things, and I'll do whatever it takes to win this game. You have a choice though, my dear sister. I'm not completely unreasonable. You can choose, do you want your husband, or your new child? Which is more important to you? Love, or your kids? Let me know when you decide. Lovingly, your sister.

The words made my heart race and my skin crawl. I can't choose between my baby or Finnick.

And I know it's going to kill him when he hears the bad news.

It made me wonder, how does she know I have a baby on the way? She must be stalking us, right?

I got the voicemail yesterday before we went to the beach when I thought I was expecting. To sum up my emotions, it really rained on my parade.

--------------------

"Finn,"

"Yes lovely," he smiles.

"I have good news,"

"Well let me hear it."

"Finn, we're gonna have another baby."

His face lights up and he stands up, takes me in his arms, and spins me around.

"Annie this is amazing, I'm so happy to be a father of another child. I love you, I know this baby will bring us closer just like Finn and Maggie did."

"Me too," my eyes get watery. "And that's where the bad news comes in."

"What?"

"Finnick, you need to hear this."

I play the voicemail from my sister.

Tears of anger threaten his eyes.

"She'll never win."

End of book five.