only for a little while

welcome to the end of melted.
i'll be honest, i never thought i would make it here. this poetry compilation started over a year ago, and now it's over. i think i've grown up because of writing this. you can see it in the changes of style, the choices of syntax and diction. you can see when i hurt the most, and you can see when i shined.
the world has not been kind to me the whole way through, but there is something to say for the overarching concept of tough love. it's not something i realized was inevitable until now. that is the universe. life trips you up only to tie your shoelaces so you can get back on your feet. it's a symbiotic relationship, where living is as living does. most importantly, i am so, so thankful i got to spend this part of living with each and every one of you. whether you read one poem or a few, or all, or commented, liked, shared, i don't care. you existed and your mark remains etched into my heart. thank you for everything.

(what are your top three favourite poems from melted? please comment which ones and, if you feel like it, why you like them. if you answered this way back, or even if you didn't, don't feel obligated to, but you can change your answers.)

i love you all.

ji