Cake Trial

In the morning the drones came and touched down gently with their packages. Once they were secure Mima's drones came and picked them up and put them near her workstation. When Mima woke up (in sleep mode for an AI maybe) she saw the boxes there and called everyone to the cafeteria when they woke up

Pure: Ok everyone, the cakes are here. Let's see how they taste.

Everyone takes the cakes out of the boxes which had a little refrigeration system put in to make sure they are still good and set them out with their number next to them and started tasting them.

Arachnid: I like number 3 from Gwen, what is that?

Mima: From the look of their list, a red velvet cake.

Randal: I can work with this; you can put us down for this one.

Mima: Ok a red velvet for Randal and Arachnid.

Sandra: What's this one?

Mima: Number 5 from Tanya? She calls it a rocky road cake. Nuts and bits of chocolate in vanilla.

Jack: It definitely looks like the rocky road, what do you say honey?

Sandra: I like it.

Mima: Ok, rocky road for Jack and Sandra.

Pure: Don't forget to try the icing samples everyone.

Everyone tried every single cake and icing sample so that they would pick which one they wanted. Once the tasting was done everyone signed off on which cake they wanted and Mima sent two drones out with what cake they decided on. In the medical bay the doctor came back with Athena's results. The doctor called Horatio and Lucinda to the medical bay to give them the news.

Horatio: Hello Doctor are the results in?

Doctor: Yes, but this one had to take a little extra time for analysis to come through, sorry about that.

Lucinda: No problem really, what did you find?

Doctor: Well she is a hybrid all right but she has really good attributes from both of you.

Horatio: How so?

Doctor: well for one thing, she has feet and they are fully functional, she should be able to walk like a normal person.

Lucinda: She will be the first of my kind to walk on land.

Doctor: She also comes with a bonus; in simple terms she can breathe underwater.

Horatio: What!?

Doctor: I would be lying if I said she couldn't, she has the attributes that allow her to do so.

Lucinda: Anything else?

Doctor: I did find one thing though, she does have some dragon attributes but they are not active, they are dormant.

Lucinda: Dormant?

Horatio: Sleeping.

Lucinda: Is it bad?

Doctor: I have no idea at this point but I can tell you one thing though, I added a small amount of adrenaline to her blood and it became active which means her heart must be pumping at a certain rate for it to become active.

Just then Athena was crying. Lucinda went over to take her up but she stopped.

Lucinda: Uh guys, you might want to see this.

Horatio: What?

Horatio and the doctor came over and Athena had transformed somehow. She had wings, horns, a tail and even had dragon scales that showed up on her skin and a little breath coming out of her mouth. Lucinda was going to pick her up but the doctor stopped her.