New Operations

Two weeks later Pure had finished building the rest of Horatio's fleet and they were stationed in the harbor awaiting their crew. Horatio was helping Lucinda study for the upcoming exam. She was getting better and better at answering the questions correctly. Lucinda was in the scenario section of the exam.

Horatio: You see a ship nearby on your sonar, you don't know whose it is or which country it came from, how do you respond?

Lucinda: First I would try hailing it, if that doesn't work I would try to get a visual on it to determine what country it's from and what ship it is but I would keep my distance if it becomes hostile, if a distress beacon is activated, move in with caution. If it becomes hostile leave it defenseless so that the crew can board and take prisoners to get answers as to why they fired.

Horatio: Nice response, next question. Your fleet needs to get into an attack position behind an island as cover, how would you do that in a short period of time.

Lucinda: Engines all ahead flank and use the sea currents the ship is in as an advantage and slingshot the fleet to the island and have all ships in attack mode.

Horatio: And how would you fire without line of sight exactly?

Lucinda: Don't use line of sight use the sonar and get a very good lock on.

Horatio: What if the sonar is fried?

Lucinda: Deploy a small scout ahead of the fleet while you are slingshotting to the island to get a laser lock-on and fire missiles.

Horatio: In case of a submarine present?

Lucinda: Bring a ship in reverse and when the submarine is spotted it will reverse some more and the ship will fire on the submarine.

Horatio: What is the fastest way of taking out the ships?

Lucinda: The armory or the engines but take out any weapons present first.

Horatio: You are getting really good at this Lucinda, I already made the preparations for you to take the exam.

Lucinda: Thank you.

Horatio: Ok, next question.

Horatio and Lucinda was still studying for the exam. Meanwhile Xiao was going through the paces with her new scythe when Zhēnbǎo and Trinity came in.

Zhēnbǎo: Xiao?

Xiao: Hey brother.

Zhēnbǎo: What are you doing?

Xiao: Trying to get my edge back.

Trinity: Whoa, you are going to injure yourself. You need to get the pregnancy weight off you first.

Xiao: Ugh, I need some help with it.

Zhēnbǎo: Come on, put the scythe down.

Xiao puts the scythe down.

Zhēnbǎo: Listen, if you want your edge back all you had to do was ask. Me and Trinity are in here busting our asses working out.

Xiao: You know I don't want to be muscle bound right?

Zhēnbǎo: I know, I know, you don't have to take all of it you just need to stretch, get a massage get all your joints loose.

Xiao: Wait, a massage?

Trinity: Girl, we give each other a really good massage after a long workout to get the tension out of our joints and muscles.

Xiao: All right, I will work out with you two but I need this weight off and be flexible.