Winding Down

The next day Liz woke up from being unconscious. She was still soaking in the decontamination bath when she woke up. Liz looked around and she found Daiyu in the room next to her sleeping but protected by glass from any residual radiation.

Liz gently taps the glass.

Liz: Daiyu?

Daiyu slowly wakes up.

Daiyu: Liz?

Liz: What is this place?

Daiyu: You are back at the fort and in a decontamination soak to get rid of any residual gamma radiation from the fight.

Liz: Are you ok?

Daiyu: I'm fine; you were out for three days.

Liz: Are the children??

Daiyu: They have been born and Pure is with them they are ok.

Liz: What about me?

Daiyu: Put that towel on over there and let me check for gamma radiation or any other radiation.

Liz sees the towel, grabs it, gets out of the tub and puts it on. She goes into a machine that checks for radiation. Daiyu starts it up and allows it to check for radiation, she was given the all clear so Liz went to the airlock and puts on some clothes that were there for her, she exits out of the airlock from the other side and Daiyu was waiting for her. Daiyu hugs Liz and she hugs her back.

Daiyu: Good to have you back in my arms.

Liz: Good to be back.

Daiyu: I see you got some new upgrades.

Liz stretches out her four wings.

Daiyu: Was the energy enough for you?

Liz: More than enough.

Daiyu: You will be fine in the next few days so it is best to take it slow.

Liz: Can I go and see them?

Daiyu: Hold onto me.

Liz puts her hand on Daiyu's right shoulder and wraps her tail around Daiyu's torso for support. Daiyu carries Liz to where Pure, Alisha and Carolina were with Pure Jr. and Auriella. Gwen, Richard, Samuel and Natasha were taken home and everything was sorted out and they promised to keep what they knew about their mother and their new sister. Daiyu opened the door and walked in with Liz and they see her coming.

Daiyu: Easy now, you are still really weak from the battle.

Liz: Ok.

Carolina: Come to see your little princess?

Liz: Yes, your majesty.

Carolina hands Daiyu Auriella and she holds her for Liz. Daiyu takes Auriella and Liz looks over her shoulder. Liz puts her hand on her face and touches her gently.

Liz: My little princess, I will protect you and your brother till the day I die.

Daiyu: We will protect them.

Pure: I decided that you two will be their godmothers, if you are interested.

Liz: Of course I would be interested. I want to protect and care for this little one.

Pure: Then it is settled you two will be their godparents.

Daiyu: Come on Liz, you need to rest to regain your strength.

Liz: Wait, Katrina's body, I brought it with me.

Daiyu: I sealed it in containment because I knew you took along the body for something but I was not sure what.

Liz: I want to throw her body to where they had the lab to undergo the procedure.

Pure: Was way ahead of you on that one I asked Mima to put it in a rocket and wait for our go.

Liz: I want to launch it myself but I want to rest first.

Pure: We are all resting and you deserve yours, go.

Carolina takes back Auriella and Daiyu takes Liz to her room to get some rest. Once they got to their room Liz spoke.

Liz: Thank you Daiyu.

Daiyu: You're welcome Liz.

Liz: Will you stay with me while I recover?

Daiyu: The mission is done and I am not going anywhere.

Daiyu sets Liz down on the bed and pulled up the covers on both of them. They quickly fall asleep holding each other and Liz's tail was still around Daiyu's torso. Liz was satisfied that the princess was born and Katrina was defeated and now peace will finally be restored. Meanwhile in the dryad forest a few people had come to the forest and settled down there Miguel was helping them treat some scars with the damaged dryad. The other dryads were checking on the forest and vegetation that Miguel planted to grow.

Miguel: Ok, this is going to be a little cold.

Miguel applied a tonic he made on his skin and the damaged dryad used her healing magic to speed up the process a little bit.

Man: Thank you.

Miguel: Your welcome.

Man: So you run this place?

Miguel: No, they do but we run it together.

Man: Does she have a name?

Miguel: She doesn't speak but she likes to look at blossoms so I call her blossom.

Man: Nice name.

Miguel: Now rest and let the medicine take effect we will be back in a while.

Man: Ok.

Miguel and Blossom leaves the man to heal while he checks on the plants and crops. The dryads made Miguel some new clothes from silk and leaves. Blossom usually stays with him keeping him company and exploring new things since she is a little curious. The scars and wounds on the both of them were starting to heal and fade away.

Miguel: The crops are coming along nicely Blossom.

Blossom likes to be called that name and she responds happily.

Miguel: I hope Pure was able to sort out what he had to do.

Blossom was trying to say something but couldn't.

Miguel: You want to learn our language?

Blossom nods.

Miguel: Ok, let's take it slow and start from the beginning.

Miguel and Blossom sat down and Miguel started learning the human language to talk to Miguel. Everyone was breathing a sigh of relief and starting to really repair. Everyone earned their right to settle down and start a family.