145| Rip Hunter Imagine

Requested by: @Nixx138

Dance with Me

Word count: 475

You haven't been feeling yourself lately. Ever since you defeated Vandal Savage and lost your powers you feel like you haven't been able to help the team with anything.

You were sat in Rip's room as the rest of the team were out on a mission. For a few minutes you decided to sit in silence but you remember what your mother used to tell you. Sitting in complete silence is not the best thing to do, listen to something calm and relaxing. Yes, it's not gradeA advice, but it most certainly helped you. You walk over to Rip's record player and put on a slow but meaningful song on.

The music played as you lay on your boyfriends bed with your eyes closed, thinking about how much you really wanted to help the team. "Y/N?" You hear your favourite voice ask. You open your eyes at sit up, Rip was leaning against the doorframe, worry in his eyes. "What's wrong?" He asks you, as he comes over to sit next to you on the bed. You rested your head on his shoulder and he started to play with you hair. "I feel like I'm a waste of space on this team, ever since I lost my powers I can hardly help with anything" you admit, a few tears rolling down your cheeks. "Oh Y/N" Rip starts "you are definitely not a waste of space" putting a lot of emphasis on the word 'not' "the whole teams loves you. I love you. We can help you find something new, you don't need powers to be a member of this team" he finishes. You lift your head up and smile "thank you Rip" you thank, placing a gentle kiss on his lips.

Soon, Rip's favourite song came on. He stood up and held out his hand "would you like to dance?" He asks. You smile "I would love too" and you took hold of his hand. He pulled you up and you started swaying a long to the music. Rip lifted his arm as he spun you round and round. You finish the spin and rest your head on his shoulder and you hear him faintly say "just like princess", you smile to yourself. You stand back and hold up your arm "your turn" you command. He tries to go under but having to duck. This made you laugh. Rip then stopped and laughed along with you. "This is why I need you on the team" he tells you seriously, "I need you on the team because my life would never be the same without your laugh or your smile or just you as a whole" he finishes. You smile and give him a hug "I won't leave you Rip" you tell him as you both still continued to sway along to the music.