chapter 38

double update☺️

********************************

CHAPTER 38

CHARLOTTES POV

hayes and I have been working on the project everyday after school for about 2 weeks. Well almost everyday.

Jordan has been getting in the way.

Which I can't be upset about, I mean they are dating.

But I am upset.

Today hayes was coming over. We actually didn't get too much work done, we were too busy talking and catching up.

After school, I did the usual set up with the food and text book and all that.

Finally hayes came to my hosue, and I led him to the counter. I sat down next to him. "Can we actually work today?" I ask.

"Can we actually not?" He answers. I laugh a little, and then give him a more serious look.

"Fine" he gives in. I reach my hand over to the text book, and apparently so did Hayes because our hands touched at the grasp of the text book. I kept my hand there, enjoying it. Then I realized I'm dating someone and so is he. I looked at him and quickly pulled away.

"I'm sorry I didn't um- my hand uh" I couldn't really say anything. It was awkward and I didn't know what to say, at all.

"It's cool" he said simply and flipped to a chapter. Soon after the house phone rang.

(Phone call= c-Charlotte, p-person on the other line)

P- hello is this Charlotte or Brooke fray?

C- yes. Who's calling?

P- the doctors at Bedford Hospital. Your parents have been in a terrible accident

C- are they ok?

P- they aren't looking too good. We will do the best we can

C-ok thank you

I slam the phone down angrily and clench my fists tightly. "Are you ok?" He asks. I can actually feel my skin ripping as my nails move further in to my skin. I nodded angrily at his question.

I tried to get my mind off of it by reading the chapter, but the phone rang again. I slid it across the counter quickly, where it smashed on to the floor. I was angry. Super angry. Why didn't my parents let us know where they were? Why didn't they call?

"Will you excuse me for a second? I just need some air it's really hot in here" I say with a quick smile and leave quickly. I take my lacrosse ball and stick, and begin to throw it at my Pitch back viciously. It bounces back faster, which makes me throw harder.

HAYES POV

I see her storm out to the back yard angrily. Curiously, I allow myself into the kitchen where I can see her. She is throwing the lacrosse ball at a pitch back, hard actually. I know I shouldn't be worrying, but I am. I mean, I really miss Charlotte, I think about her everyday with her new boyfriend.

I see her throw it back, hard and it goes right through the Pitch back, and throws her lacrosse stick angrily and puts her head in her hands. She begins to pace around the yard, kicking anything in her way. I go outside and she stops when she sees me.

She breaks down crying. Bawling actually. I open my arms up for a hug and she gladly takes my offer and inches towards me in my hug. I brought her down to her patio chair, and let her cry into me. She's my friend, and when a friend cries they want to be there for each other right? Right.

"What happened?" He asks.

"My parents are in the hospital" she says still crying.

"So why are you angry?" I ask. Wouldn't she be sad, instead of mad?

"It's not like they called to check on us. It's not like they told us where they have been these past few months. It's not like they give a shit about us" she says crying harder.

"Don't say that, they love you Charlotte. They love you like I do" I said.

What did I just say?

A/N:

guys do me a favor and follow my new bestie on wattpad:

@ChosenVulpix