chapter 43

voteee(:

***********

CHAPTER 43

HAYES POV

She opened the door and she was in the same clothes as the party. Her makeup was smudged all over her face. Her eyes were puffy and bloodshot, and there were tear marks on her cheeks. There were blood stains on the bottom of her shirt, and she was insanely pale. "Ch-Charlotte?" I ask. She continues to cry once again. I open my arms up, and bring her closer to me, so we're hugging now.

I slide my hands into her little ones, as she continues to cry into my shoulder. On one wrist I see three scabs. I guess she saw me looking at them, because she looked at me after I was looking at them. "Hayes I did it" she said, her voice cracking at every word. She cried even more now, and I stroked my thumb gently across her hand.
"It's ok baby, I'm here" I said quietly, and then kissed her forehead. She looked up at me, and then her damaged arm.
"Hayes it didn't even feel good like people say it does" she said in between sobs.
"I know it doesn't feel good" I said. I have never cut, but a deep cut hurts, of course it doesn't feel good.

I took her arm, and kissed every one of the cuts she made. "Don't you ever even think of that ever again. Promise me that?" I ask her. She nods her head and I wrap my arms securely and tightly around her little body, and she hugs back.
"When was the last time you had something to eat?" I ask. She looks pretty pale, so I can't imagine she's had anything to eat.
"When you brought me food at Rachael's party" she said sniffling. I took my thumb and wiped her tears from under her eyes.
"C'mon let's go get some food" I said standing up. I offered my hand out to her, and pulled her up. I put my arm protectively around her waist and we head downstairs.
"Guess who I found" I say coming into the kitchen with Charlotte by my side. She runs up to Brooke and hugs her. Then they pull away, and Charlotte comes to my side once again, and I sit her down at the counter. I heat up some pizza she has in the refrigerator, and give it to her. She eats it very quickly. I held her hand the whole time she was eating it.

After she had about 4 slices, we headed back upstairs to her room. She changes into new clothes in her bathroom. Then she comes out, changed into clean clothes, and then sits down. I sat on her bed and held her wrist in my hand. I kissed each of her scars again, and said:
"Your worth it"
"Don't do this to yourself"
"I love you"

I looked at her straight in the eye once again. "I just think you should know that I broke up with Jordan" I said. I don't feel any guilt or loneliness, I felt free.
"I'm gonna break up with Matt. I'm done with him" she says, which makes me smile. She wraps her arm around my neck, and pulls me into a hug. I hug her back, not planning on letting go.

"Hayes do you mind if I break up with him right now?" She asks.
"No you can if you want" I say. She nods and goes on her phone.
"Ok we're meeting in ten minutes at the park" she states.
"Can I walk you there?" I ask. She nods and smile, which causes me to smile.

We get up and walk out the door. Her hand is in mine, and her body is practically glued to mine. It is pretty warm out, and it wasn't a far walk, so I enjoyed it. I took a seat on the bench once we got there, and said "I'll be waiting for you here when your done". She replies with a simple ok and she walked off.

CHARLOTTES POV

I walked over to Matt who was standing over by a tree. "H-Hi Matt" I say.
"Hey babe" he says and kissed my cheek.
"Um can we talk?" I ask. He nods his head and I begin to talk.
"look Matt I um I think we should take a break" I say not daring to look him in the eye.
"It's because if that douche Hayes?" Matt asks angrily. That is the reason, Hayes is just too special to let go of. Plus me and Matt have been distant.
"He's not a douche! And no it's not because of him" I said tears already building up. I do not want him to fight over me.
"Then why are we breaking up?" He asked gripping my shoulders.
"B-Becasue I feel too distant from you every time we hang out!" I say wincing because of his grip on my shoulders. He let go.
"But I love you" he whispered.
"W-Well I don't. Goodbye Matt" I say and walk towards Hayes. He notices me and gets up.

"Everything ok?" He asks. I nod and our hands lock together. We head home, happy.

I'm glad I have someone like Hayes.

A/N:

lol sorry I didn't upload yesterday! finals🔫

Anyway happy (late) birthday hayes!