chapter 48

hiii

********

CHAPTER 48

HAYES POV

today is Saturday and I'm taking Charlotte out for the whole day. I have to pick her up at 12, and it's already 11 so I go and get changed.

After I am changed, I go over to charlottes house and knock on her door. Brooke answers. "Oh hey hayes. Charlotte will be down In a few minutes, but you can wait in here if you'd like" Brooke says offering me inside.

I go inside and wait on the couch with my phone distracting me. I hear footsteps come down the stairs, and I turn around thinking I would see Charlotte but I didn't. I saw Colleen.

She came over and sat next to me, and I got a good look of what she was wearing. It was a sports bra and really tight spandex.

Her arm was touching mine, and I move farther down the couch. "Hi hayes" she said. I didn't answer.
"What are you doing today?" She asked, now sitting on my lap.
I pushed her off, and stood up. "What's wrong?" She asked. I sat on a chair and she came over and sat on me again.
"Can you get off?" I asked harshly.
"Oh I'm uh I'm so-" he started, but charlotte was standing by the couch.

"C-Colleen?" She stuttered. I quickly brushed off, got up and put my arm around charlottes waist, then kissing her cheek. Colleen's face turned red, and I just pushed her Charlotte out the door and led her outside. She looked frustrated.

"I knew it" she said to herself. "Babe I didn't want her -" I began but she cut me off.
"No! I knew she was going to do that because there is something wrong with her" she said. Relief brushed over my body, and I took her hand in mine.

So I have been planning charlottes birthday in my head for a few days. It's just gonna be me, and her, no one else. The best part is, it's on a Saturday so I can have her for the whole day. I already know what I am going to get her, and I know she'll love it.
"Hayes!" She said, snapping me out of my thoughts.
"Oh uh sorry" I said smiling. She giggled and looked at the ground, looking in deep thought.

"So where are we going?" She asked.
"Frozen yogurt" I respond and she nods her head. She continued to stare at the ground, in deep thought once again.
"What are you thinking about?" I asked. She looks up at me then back down at her feet.
"Nothing" she murmured quietly. I knew it was something.

Finally we reached the frozen yogurt place, and we both got two large, with all of the toppings that would taste good with the flavor we got. We went to a bench and sat down. She was quiet again, looking in deep thought. I was wondering what she was actually thinking about. "Now what are you thinking?" I asked. Her big brown eyes look up at me, and they don't break contact.
"Everything" she replied.
"Well anything specific?" I ask. It looks like her eyes drained color slightly, and her facial expression dropped.
"My parents" she said very quietly.
"What about them?" I ask, now turning so my whole body is facing her rather than just my head.
"Like" she began, but I could tell she was about to cry. I scooted closer to her and put my arm gently around her shoulders.
"Are they dead? I haven't heard from the doctors" she said her voice sounding shaky.
"I'm sure they're ok" i say hugging her. She nuzzles her head into my chest. I feel bad, she hasnt heard from her parents. 

"hey how about when we get home you call the hospital?" i suggest. She nods her head happily and contiues to eat her fro yo. 

AT HOME 

I sit down next to her, and she picks up her phone. I see her dial some numbers and put the phone up to her ear. I grab her hand adn stroke her knuckles with it softly. She starts talking, adn i can hear people talking on the other end, but i dont ask questions i just listen.

"ok thank you" she says before hanging up.

"wellll..?" i ask. she smiles adn giggles. "They're ok, and coming back soon" she says smiling. I give her a hug and kiss her cheek. We continue talking for a little, adn it was really nice. Until Colleen came downstairs. 

"oh hi hayes. Um i need to tell you something" she says quietly. Charlotte and i exchange confused looks. "What is it?" i ask. She comes over to me adn pulls me into the living room. 

"Charlotte um she..." she staretd to say, but she kept stuttering.

"What?" i ask annoyed. 

"She cheated on you" she said quietly. 

What? 

A/N:

ooohhhhh 

ok so after this book is over i am definitely making a sequel. After the sequel, do you want me to do another hayes one? or maybe a nash? just comment telling me which one youd rather want!