chapter 55

this might be longgg...

***************************

CHAPTER 55

HAYES POV

I roll over and squeeze my eyes tight. I can't fall asleep. It's 2:32 In the morning. I get out of bed and go downstairs. Maybe water will help.

I drank three big glasses of water, and I still couldn't go to sleep. I snuck outside and it was raining. I sat on the front porch, waiting for me to feel tired, but after 20 minutes I'm still awake.

I glance over at charlottes house. Her light is still on. Is she still awake? I get up from the porch chair and grab a twig. I toss it at her window, and it falls back down. I pick it up and tossed it again. This time she comes to her window. She looks down, and then leaves her window.

I stay there looking at her window for a second, and I hear her doorknob her front door twist, and I walk up to it. Charlotte comes out dressed in nothing but sweatpants and a tank top. "Can't sleep?" She asks and I nod. We just stand there face to face for a few seconds, allowing the cold rain to pour on us. I pull her by her hands, and hug her tight. We pull away, and I kiss her lips passionately. A kiss in the rain.

She hugs me again, and I hear her light sobs, as her little arms wrap around my neck. "Do you wanna go inside?" I ask and she nods. She takes my hand and leads me inside and up to her room.

We both get into bed, and I pull the warm dry blankets over us. "Damn Charlotte" I say.

"What?" She asks looking up at me with those brown eyes.

"I love you. so so much" I whisper in to her hair, then kiss her head.

"I love you hayes" she says, and I can tell she might cry. I rub up and down her arm trying to calm her down.

I begin to feel tired now. I have my arm around her, and her hands are in my free hand. I was seconds away from falling asleep, when Charlotte kisses my lips. "I love you" she whispers, then falls back into my arms. I smile, and then fall asleep.

THE NEXT DAY

I wake up to her alarm. It's 10 AM and her flight leaves at 1. We have to be at the airport soon. She wakes up, and stretches. "How about another kiss?" I ask with a smirk on my face. She pulls me by the neck, and I close my eyes. Instead of kissing my lips, she kisses the corner of my mouth, and she runs off into the bathroom. "Tease!" I say after her, and I wait in her room.

She comes out and puts her sweatpants in her suitcase and rolls it downstairs where her sister is talking to nash in the living room.

After everyone is ready, we drive down the the airport. Charlotte came with me and nash because nash had his car. Charlotte snuggled up against me for the car ride, playing with my hands. I know she's trying her best not to cry, but it's hard.

Finally we arrive at the airport and do all of that jazz with security. We get to the waiting area and she looked around. "Well I guess this is it" she says with a a big sigh. Her eyes start to tear up, and I pull her in for a hug.

I really want to cry, but i have to be strong other wise she'll cry even harder, which will break me inside.

"It's ok baby I promise that I'll see you again soon. Okay?" I say lifting up her chin with my fingers. She nods, and wipes her tears away.

"Now that I have the time to say before you leave I love you. So damn much. I always knew you'd be different and I love that about you. Heck I love everything about you. Yeah I guess you can be a pain in the ass sometimes, but your my pain in the ass. Your the thing that kills me, but you make me feel so alive. I love you babe. I have a big present for your birthday but it's coming in the mail. Anyway. Like I've said before I love you. So much. Don't forget that" I say, a few tears brimming my eyes. She starts to cry, but smile.

She falls into my arms, and I nuzzle into her neck one last time.

Before I forget, I take out a necklace from my pocket. It had a promise ring attached to it. It was a plain old silver band, with the engravement 'i love you'. "This is for you. Please don't forget about me. Promise me?" I whisper.

"I promise" she says, adn secures it around her neck.

"Hayes?" she asks

"yes?" i answer

"Promise me that ill see you again" she asks.

"I promise" i say, and then she falls back into my arms once more. Im enjoying and savoring every milisecond left i have with her.

"Flight 234 to New York now boarding" the loudspeaker says.

We pull away and a she cries a little more. She puts her hand on my cheek, and I close my eyes. "Check your desk when you get home. There's something there for you" she says. I nod and then her parents call her.

She pulls me in for a final kiss, and boy I was gonna miss this. After we pull away she says, "I love you".

She goes through the tune and stops to turn to me. She waves and I lightly wave back. She continues to move foward.

I watch her plane take off and I started crying. I know I'm beig a wimp, but honestly I can't help it. I cry and nash and I walk back to his car.

That was it.

She's gone.

A/N:

okay this isn't the last chapter! one more!

I have a question...

should I upload the nash fanfic before, during, or after the sequel?

the sequel will be up this weekend possibly(: