chapter 8

I promise drama in this chapter😊

***************************************

CHAPTER 8

CHARLOTTES POV

That morning I woke up and Hayes wasn't next to me. He probably went to shower or eat or something.

We decided to sleep in the same room because Hayes made me watch the conjuring and I was scared to death.

I checked my phone and it was 10:17 am. I had a twitter notification.

It was from Karina of course.

@xokarinaox: watch your back. I'm coming.

Like that scared me. What could she possibly do?

Hayes came into his room all dressed. "So what are we doing today?" He asked.

"Uh I think I have a lacrosse game at 12:30" I said unsure. I think I do but I brought my uniform just incase.

"Ok so since you came to my football game, I'll go to your lacrosse game" he said and smiled. I smiled and headed into the bathroom to change.

My uniform number was 7, just like Hayes. We headed outside and Hayes helped me warm up.

After I was done warming up, we decided to head down to the field. Rachael's friend Brian was coming so that him and Hayes could hang out.

Finally it was time to start. I was going to do the face off.

WHEN THE GAME ENDED

everyone piled off the field and I went up to Brian. I looked all around the bleachers. Where's Hayes? "Hey where did Hayes go?" I asked.

"Uh he went to the bathroom or something" he said in an unsure way.

I went off to the little shed where the bathrooms were. I didn't see him in have front so I went around the back. I found Hayes. With another girl who looked a lot like Audrey. They weren't talking. They weren't kissing. They were making out.

Hot tears poured out of my eyes. I couldn't speak. I just ran. Ran far away.

I got home and went up to my room. I took my wallet, packed clothes, a phone charger, a few water bottles, granola bars, a big blanket, and 2 pairs of fuzzy socks. I put them all in a duffel bag and sat down at my desk and wrote a note to everyone who comes looking for me.

Dear everyone who is reading this,

I'm running away. Not for ever it's just I need a little bit of time alone. Don't bother come looking for me, I'll contact you when I'm ready to come back. If you want to know why I left, you can ask Hayes.

-Charlotte

I left it on my desk and stormed out of my room and outside. I went down the road and headed to the park. I went to the very back where there were a bunch of trees. I finally found one that was shady so no one could see. It had a comfortable little arrangement of branches for me to sit.

I climbed up to the top and made myself comfortable and watched a movie that I had on my phone.

HAYES POV

I turned around to see Charlotte running away. Oh no. She saw me kiss Audrey. Or Audrey kiss me.

I ran but I couldn't see where she went. I decided to go home and wait a little until I was sure she was home. I went up to my room and laid in my bed staring at the ceiling. When Audrey cheated on me the first time, I felt really sad and alone. But this time I feel x100 worse with out Charlotte. Why? I don't know.

I heard someone knock on the door and I heard someone answer it. They came stomping up here to my room.

It was her older sister Brooke. "Hayes what'd you do?" She asked her eyes red, and her whole face soaked in tears.

Nash put his arm around her shoulder to comfort her. "I uh k-kissed Audrey by accident and I-I think she saw" I said in a shaky voice.

"Nice job" nash said sarcastically. Brooke just buried her head in nash.

"Well maybe we can text her? She said she'd contact us when she's coming back so maybe we can like convince her to come back sooner? Hayes you text her she loves you more than any of us, and she'll probably answer to you" Brooke said and I sat on my bed. Love?

Hayes: Charlotte please answer I need to talk to you.

We sat around me on my bed waiting for a reply. She read it. Then she started typing.

Princess👑: what could it possibly be? you cheated on me because you clearly haven't moved on from Audrey.

Great.

Hayes: im sorry Charlotte. I'm so insanely sorry. It's just she kinda kissed me...

Princess👑: but u kissed back. you didn't do anything to stop it hayes. you let her kiss you and im pretty sure you kissed back because making out needs TWO people.

Hayes: yeah I did kiss back. but then I realized how much I could hurt you. look im going to tell u the real truth of what happened ok?

Princess👑: fine

Hayes: I went to use the bathroom and Audrey stopped me. she pulled me around back and kissed me. yeah I did kiss back. you know why? because ive been thinking about us the past few days. thinking about how you're different from every other girl I've ever met. so I kinda wanted to compare. I wanted to see if it was actually different or if it was just like everyone else, and my mind playing with me. trust me I wasn't going to let her kiss me. but I really wanted to see if you're different. and guess what?

Princess👑: what?

Hayes: you are different from every other girl. kissing Audrey felt like kissing the wall. I didn't feel anything. and I mean anything. when I kiss u I feel butterflies and sparks and everything. I really don't want to loose you charlotte and u have to understand that kissing audrey was nothing like kissing you. please understand that it was a complete misunderstanding. and I hope you come back soon because it's only been a few hours and not knowing where you are tears me up.

Princess👑: I wish you could see me blushing right now. I accept your apology. & if you're lucky I'll be back tonight.

Hayes: why tonight?

Princess👑: I need to think things through. I need to get away from Karina. I really miss you. but I also really need to think about things. So I have two questions for you.

Hayes: oh ok but what r ur two questions?

Princess👑: one when I get back can u meet me at the park? I'll text u when I'm sitting on the park swings and you can come and meet me there? and then we can have another sleepover?

Hayes: yes. we can have another sleepover and I'll meet you at the park. what's your second question?

Princess👑: how do you know how it feels to kiss walls?

Hayes: um it was just the first thing that came to my head

Princess👑: suree.

Thank god. "Nice excuse" Brooke said.

"It wasn't an excuse" I said quietly.

"Hayes your stupid but whatever. We know she's coming back tonight and that she's ok. That's the important thing"

Nash said and then they walked into Nash's room. Are they dating?

I laid down on my back and fell asleep.

A/N:

yeah ik this is a rlly bad chapter bc they're like texting the whole time but yeahh whatverr. read&vote&comment!!