chapter 34

hiii

******

CHAPTER 34

HAYES POV

Charlotte was transferred back to North Carolina, and I went with her, as did Brooke. She's been in a coma for about a week. The doctors can't predict anything, they don't see any improvement or anything that has gotten worse. I sit by her everyday, I talk to her even though she doesn't talk back.

I left to go home and change. I was in my room and when I got out of the shower, I had a text from Brooke.

Brooke: come to the hospital asap!

I didn't know if it was bad or good, either one I wanted to be there. Nash drove me to the hospital, and I flew out of his car and up to her room. Brooke was waiting outside for me.

"Is she ok?" I ask not knowing how to feel.

"She's not doing very well" she said quietly. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"Wait what?" I ask again still not believing what she just told me.

"They say she is getting weaker" Brooke said crying. I just broke down crying. She can't leave now. She's still mad at me, I don't know what to do.

It was New Year's Eve and I'm supposed to go to a party, but I can't. Knowing charlottes in a condition like this makes me want to stay here day in and day out.

LATER THAT NIGHT

I turned on the tv in her room and watched New York City get ready for the New Year's Eve ball to drop. I sat next to her talking to her about anything that could come to my mind. The ball was about to drop in five minutes. I switched from my phone to the tv and then I felt her hand move. I bolted my head towards her.

Her eyes gently fluttered open and she sat up. She looked at the medicine being inserted through tubes in her arms, the wrap around her arm. "Hayes" she whispered. She wrapped her arms tightly around me, and then pulled away and looked at the tv.

It was 10 seconds left. She looked straight into my eyes.

9

8

7

6

She moved her hands up around my neck and pulled herself closer to me.

5

4

3

2

She crashed her lips against mine as soon as it hit 12 midnight. She kissed me, and I kissed back. It felt so good to have her back. this was a long kiss, and when we pulled away she sat back.

"Hayes I'm done" she said quietly.

"W-with what?" I ask worried.

She looked around the room before speaking, a tear escaping her eye.

"Us"

A/N:

omfg no😭