chapter 39

it's back

*************

CHAPTER 39

CHARLOTTES POV

He still loves me?

"Y-you still love me?" I ask, looking up from his shoulder. He took a big sigh before answering.

"I do" he said smiling. I pulled away from his shoulder so I was looking at him straight in the eye. His blue eyes caught the sunlight perfectly. We didn't move; we just sat there looking at each other. I didn't know what to do, what to say, this has never happened before.

"I-I um..." I tried to get a conversation going but nothing was coming out of my mouth. I was cut off from my thoughts with a pair of pink lips were soon on mine. I was shocked at first like, Hayes just kissed me. We're broken up; we both have a boyfriend/girlfriend; and I'm pretty sure we've moved on. But despite all those things I kissed back. Down inside me I know I still want him. Not deep down, but down.

We pulled away and he looked just as shocked as I did. "Oh my god I'm-I'm uh I'm i-" he started to say but I stood up cutting him off.

"Look im just surprised as you probably are and you might have a different opinion on it or whatever, but I'm not telling Matt what happened" I stated clearly.

"I was thinking the same thing" he said probably referring to Jordan.

"So i guess we should get back inside. He nodded in agreement and that's what we did.

We just went back to our project like nothing was ever wrong.

THE NEXT DAY

I walked up into homeroom and I saw Hayes talking to some of his friends. He waved at me and I waved back. I walked over to him. "Hey" he said walking over to me and hugging me. Hugging? I was a little take back at first, but I hugged him back.

We talk for a little and then go our separate ways, and then I saw him in first period again. After school Hayes and I were supposed to work on the project, so I went to the lockers a little before class fully ended, because I had to 'use the bathroom'. Before I made the tun in the hallway to go to the lockers, I heard talking. I decided to stay back, listening.

"Hayes you cannot hug her! I'm your girlfriend! Not her!" A girl said sounding frustrated. Probably Jordan.

"Look babe I'm sorry. It was just a friend thing! We're friends!" Hayes said back.

"Maybe you shouldn't be friends" she said. Wait what?

"You can't pick who I can or can't be friends with!" Hayes argued.

"You aren't allowed to talk to her Hayes!" Jordan said louder.

"Or what?" Hayes argued back.

"Or I'll go to the cops because I know what she did" she said quieter. How does she know about that?!

"Who did what?" Hayes asked. Good, he didn't tell her.

"Charlotte and her sister and her friend. The thing in the city with the club and the drugs and the fire. Yeah I know about that" she said. Oh my god.

"Ok I have no idea what your even talking about. Why would you go to the cops anyway?" Hayes asked. I can't believe he's covering up for me.

"My brother was the one selling drugs. She got him arrested. Go ahead, talk to her with out my permission, and I'm going to the cops and I'll tell on her" she said.

"O-ok fine" Hayes said.

I honestly don't know what to think. I want us to be friends, but now we can't talk. I wish he could of done something more, but I guess he couldn't have.

I loomed out from behind the corner to see them kissing. I roll my eyes and continue to go to my locker. They broke away once they saw me clearly. "C-Charlotte I need to talk to you about something" Hayes said quietly.

"Sure anything" I said with a fake smile.

"Um we can't be friends anymore" he said. Tears were all ready threatening to spill. I didn't know what to say; or do. I felt a warm substance roll down my cheek. I didn't know what to do so I just left.

Right when I was almost out of the school, I felt a hand grab my shoulder. I was turned around to see Hayes. "What Hayes? We clearly can't be friends so I don't even know why your talking to me. It's not like you even care" I said angrily and harshly, tears flowing hard. He looked a little taken back, but he finally answered.

"That's the thing, I do care"

A/N:

I love the ending of this chapter💕