chapter 37

maybe I'll make this short?

***********************************

After shool I saw hayes at his locker. I was gonna ask him about what time he should come over tomorrow but then I saw him with his girlfriend, Jordan. They hugged, and Jordan's back was to me, so I could see hayes. He looked at me for a quick second, and then focused on making out with Jordan.

I turned around angirly, bumping into matt. "Woah where are you going?" He asks.
"Oh I was just going to come looking for you" I lied. I was going to storm out of the school.
"Well I need to tell you some bad news" he says looking down. I give him my full attention eager for what he has to say.

"I'm going on vacation for a week and 2 days, so I won't be able to see you" he says making a pouty face. I hug him tight really not wanting him to go. But another side of me wanted him to.

THE NEXT DAY

After school, I went to the lockers again, before Jordan could beat me there. "So I'll meet you at my house at 4?" I ask hayes.
"Yeah. Should I bring anything?" He asked me putting away 2 books in his locker.
"Just your text book unless you wanna share with me" I say smiling.
"Ok. I'll see you then" he said and walked away. I smiled, it wasn't that awkward. Or as awkward as I thought.

I rush home, getting a thousand texts a minute from Matt. I ignored them all, and finally got home. I'm pretty sure Brooke was upstairs, but I'm not really sure.

I decided that we would work in the kitchen, so I set up a little like work station. On the counter was my text book and my notebook, the outline, my laptop a bowl of chips and a bottle of Pepsi. On the kitchen table I had the big poster board and a bag of stickers and stuff because the assignment said to be creative.

I went upstairs to change into light gray sweatpants and a black v-neck shirt. I slid downstairs and into the kitchen to check twitter and instagram. I saw a bunch of Hayes posts until I finally came to one that caught my eye. It was a #tbt when We had whipped cream all over our face. The comment said:

with the bae😂

Bae? Yea we used to call eachother stuff like that but when we were dating. I commented back the same emoji he used, and right then I heard a knock on the door.

I ran to get it, and opened it to see Hayes standing there. I let him in and went back to the kitchen. "So how have you been?" He asks sitting down at the counter. I faced him, leaning on my forearms looking around the room.

"I could be better" I answer. Things haven't been so great lately. Yeah I have Matt and everything it's just, I don't know everything.
"What happened?" He asked looking a little worried.
"Well for starters my parents haven't been calling so they could be dead for all I know. Brooke and i's credit card is running low, and she doesn't have access to her savings account until she's 18 so we're probably going to go broke soon. Now people are looking for witnesses from that accident and going to try and find the people who left the cigars and put the drugs in peoples drinks. So other than that, life is fine" I say quietly. All that is true, completely true, I just dont like to think about it.

"I-I'm so sorry b-, er Charlotte" he said scratching the back of his neck. Was he just about to call me babe?
"Thanks" I said shyly and sat down next to him. I opened the text book.

"wanna listen to music?" I asked. He nodded his head, and I plugged my phone into my speaker, and let the music play. I had a few of my remixes on my phone, but Hayes already knows so it's cool.

"Hey this is the remix I listened to at that party" he said. I looked at him strangely.

He still remembers that?

I nodded his head and he turned to look at me. "That was my favorite one you know" he said. I turned to look at him and giggled.
"What?" He asked confused.
"I can't believe you remember that" I say looking into the deep blue eyes that I miss.
"How could I? Its my favorite" he says continuing to work.

I could get used to this.

A/N:

nevermind this was a long chapter I know..(: