•CHAPTER XI•

Feelings of fear washed through me as I stepped away from the window. I stepped back and looked up at the house, blocking the harsh sunlight rays on my face with my hand. I couldn't see anyone at the window but felt as though someone was watching me.

I pulled out my phone in an attempt to text or call my mother. But as soon as I hit her contact my hands started to shake. I couldn't call her. I didn't want to hear her voice. Her voice could hold the eeriest sweet talk, other times it was ripping with wrath. I shoved my phone in my pocket along with my hands to stop them from shaking. I turned on my heels and walked down the the other path toward the forest.

I walked quickly and briskly away from the house, digging my nails into my palms until I was sure they were red with pain. This wasn't he first time this had happened...

Looking out the window as my mother parked the car in front of our house. She was quiet the whole way home and I hadn't noticed this. I played with my hair bobble, twisting it in all sorts of patterns and knots.
The car had stopped and she stepped out, I follow silently as she went to the car boot and took out the groceries. I looked up at her face, trying to tragically analyse my mothers stern face. It held a ticking bomb, ready to set off anytime, but at that age I could barely tell. She unlocked the door as I took a bag myself to try and help. But as soon as I turned back around I saw the front door silently and then the clicking of the lock.
I walked up to the front of the door and stood on my tiptoes. I was always a small girl. I pulled on the handle. Then I pushed. It wouldn't budge. "Mummy?" I called and set the heavy grocery bag down at my feet as I tried again to open the door. "Mummy!" I called again as tears began to brim in my eyes. I can't remember why I was crying. I think I was scared. Mostly because my father had just left to go on one of his trips. Or that the wind had started to blow harsher at my little cold body, and the sky became darker and darker. I remember my throat hurting from holding my cries in and calling "Mummy" again and again.
Until I woke up, leaning against the door. The sun hasn't completely set yet, but the street lamps were lit. "Are you alright darling? Are you locked out?" this young woman said who was pushing a pram with a cooing baby. I nodded and somehow out of shear reaction I wrapped my small arms around her legs. In need of some motherly comfort from anyone against the harsh realities from my own mother.

I can't clearly remember what else happened. Just that my mother probably made some excuse or the woman couldn't care less and didn't say anything to anyone. But I do know that my father came back early from his trip.

I walked down the path, clenching my fists. To calm myself down I inhaled the fresh air and closed my eyes. The forest seemed like my escape. I felt like I could lose myself in the wonky roots of he trees and the moss covered trees. But I couldn't help feeling so alone. I was wondering if I should text the twins. But then I wondered if they were busy. Perhaps preparing for dinner with their family. I didn't want to disturb them and so I shoved my phone back into my pocket. I looked down at my hands to see my palms were lined with red imprints from my nails. I sighed, walking forward until I bumped into a tall figure. I looked up to see Romeo. Wow, he was a sight for sore eyes. The fighting light rays between the leaves shone on his face like he was an angel. His smooth pale skin like hard marble of a beautiful statue, and his green eyes glimmering too as they looked down at me. I couldn't help but feel like my heart was fighting me. I could blame it on the shock.

I found myself speechless. He grinned and put a hand on the side of my arm in a comforting manner. "Are you okay?" He asked me. I instantly shoved my sore hands into my pocket and put on a convincing smile. "Yeah, what are you doing here?" I asked trying to change the subject. Though he gave a second glance at my pockets and then back up at me. "I was taking a walk." He said "and yourself?". "Me too" I said. It felt like every time I spoke to him I had to squeeze words past my lips. "It's going to get dark soon, you should head back. You should never be alone in the woods." He said and took a step closer to me. I looked up at him and nodded. Of course I know I shouldn't be alone anywhere when it's dark. But why was he so concerned about the woods?

"Where were you?" I blurted out and mentally kicked myself for asking so desperately. Now he definitely will think I'm a creep.
He half smiled like he was proud of himself. "I had things to take care of." He said as he slid his hands into the pockets of his black coat and walked by me. I scoffed and rolled my eyes. He's so mysterious it annoys me. "Taking care of what? Your smoking habit?" I asked, grilling him. He laughed with a frown. "Who told you that?" He asked and I shook my head. I wasn't going to throw Levi and Cole under the bus. "It doesn't matter who it comes from. Because it's true anyways, isn't it?" I asked and looked at him. Every time I glanced at him, his eyes were in mine like they never left. "Wow, you caught me." He said sarcastically. I scoffed again. "That's disgusting. How can you do that to your body? Do you know the risks? Do you want cancer? Do you want to die before you have kids?" I asked dramatically which made him grin. There was a pause as we both stopped walking. He looked down at the trodden leaves on the ground and then back up at me.

"That's not something I have to worry about." He said in a low raspy voice that I had just caught.

▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲
authors note:
i literally cannot believe i have over 100 reads. thank you so much for reading i cannot express my gratitude!
leave a vote/comment!

updated: 9th/feb/2018

also i added a cast recently, i will be adding to it as i go along. so go check that out too!

-kiim