•CHAPTER LVIII•

"I don't understand

"I don't understand." I say truthfully.

I stand back from the table with their eyes locating me. I push the file away, the feeling of the paper sharing dead ink makes my hands tingle and a swirling nauseous feeling lies at the pits of my stomach.

Mrs Vissa's eyes follow mine cautiously.
"This is difficult. But you have done it before, you just need to remember." She says carefully.
"I've done it before?"
She nods as sure as she can be.

But I don't remember. At all.

I feel like I'm playing some part of a gone-too-far prank.

"You've been doing this for thousands of years. Before we were even created, you walked the earth with the power in your hand." She says and takes my hand carefully.

"You are the beacon of energy. You carry the angel's kiss."

A warm sensation fills my head as I look at her with my wide blue eyes. I glance at Romeo and he looks guilty. They all do.

My mind fills with memories of glancing out a window. A warm sunset shining at my eyes, and I'm enjoying it. Until I realise the glow of light isn't the sun hiding away for the moon to rise. It's a glow that surrounds me and pulls around. It's the energy that I carry. The life that I give to the supernaturals and the power that they crave.

I am the beacon, stuck in a "stupid little girl."

I look across at all their glancing eyes.
"How do you know that it's me?" I ask and Romeo chuckles bashfully.
"We all knew you were coming. We sensed it because of who you are." He says and turns to the twins and Charlie who nod.
"Remember the dreams I had?" Charlie says.
"That day we saw you walking to school, we waited for you. But we didn't know what we were waiting for." Levi says.

I glance between my friends and boyfriend.

Ha, boyfriend as if.

"I had always knew you were close, but that day I held your hand. I knew immediately." Mrs Vissa said.

I shake my head and stand back, my back hitting the shelf behind me.

"You all knew? The whole time?" I say and look at the bunch.
They all look guilty, even Gabby.

"We only found out a few days ago." Cole said gesturing to his brother, and Charlie.
"You?" I ask looking at Romeo who looks ya me carefully.

He knew this whole time.

My mind skips to the worse parts and makes up a whole overthought emotion of betrayal and hurt.

But it's cut short by my determination to know more.

"I want to remember." I say "How do I do that?"

Mrs Vissa guides me to a wooden chair, I sit down carefully facing everyone feeling like a monkey in a zoo, to which she asks me "are you sure about this?" She asks and mixes some herbs in a clatter of glass jars into a red bowl.

I nod and look directly straight forward not looking at anyone with any emotion at all.

My emotions are too overwhelmed to have any reaction. I'm furious, hurt and tired. Tired of everything and tired of being that "stupid little girl".

"Azra, you need to know that this isn't a common practice. It's wringing the mind of all memories that have been suppressed. Wether that's been done by nature or by the supernatural. I don't sense any witchcraft on you, so if will all be what you yourself put away."

Memories that I have suppressed? I find it difficult to believe that I have ever done such a thing.

Mrs Vissa walks over to me with a blade.
She holds out her hand and I slowly put my palm on hers. Before the blade touches my hand, she turns around and glances at Romeo.
"It's best if you leave." She says, "and all of you too."
Gabby kisses me on my forehead. "Be strong." She says in my ear before leaving. Jack nods at me after following Charlie's father.
"Go easy on her." Charlie says to her mother quietly before smiling to me sadly.
Lexi winks at me following suit.

They're starting to make me think that I'm selling my life away.
Cole and Levi walk quickly unable to look at me perhaps feeling guilty for keeping such a secret from me.

Romeo lingers behind parting his lips to say something but I cut him off.
"Just leave." I say looking down at my palm, feeling the pained look on his face even from being a metre away from him.
He pauses before he leaves, closing the door behind him and I instantly regret it.

Being alone with Charlie's mother in her witchy room full of voodoo dolls and incense that pricks at my nose makes me feel scared. I didn't want Romeo to leave. I regret what I said and I want him here with me now.

But I bite my thoughts down and look up at her.
Without a warning she slits my palm, I wince at the pain and she spills the blood in the red bowl.
She moved over and mixes it with a grainy black substance before whispering something in another language.

She walks over to me with rope, beginning to tie my arms down to the chair.
"Wait! Why are you doing this?" I say and try to wease my way out of the tight rope.
She looks at me with a surprised look.

"You didn't think this was going to be easy, did you?"

▲▽▲▽▲▽▲
authors note:

hey guys!

thank you for reading, i'm sorry this chapter was a little short, i promise the next chapter will be very exciting!

please vote/comment, it makes my day.

have an amazing coming week my lovely reader.

-kiim