•CHAPTER LIV•

"Hang in there

"Hang in there."

Those three words chimes in my head. It's the same three words I had whispered to myself for years of sleepless nights after having felt vulnerable to my mothers demand.

"You'll be fine."

"You're okay."

"You can do this."

Were Jack thinking of the same things as I was. What else would prompt him to say that? But how would he know? I couldn't imagine my mother and him on a date and just casually bringing up the fact that she silently abuses her daughter. No. I had a feeling that she was naive to all of this.
Then there was the fact that he had been visiting Charlie's mother. A witch at that. What would a normal man be doing, visiting a witch whilst dating my mother?
Perhaps I was overthinking it. But i was left to nothing else when I'm alone like this.

I roll over my soft sheets and glance at the blue light of my digital clock.

1:56am

I sigh at the wretched time and turn to my side, looking at the bright moonlight that glows from my window and it's thin white curtains. I can see the trailing shadows and silhouettes of scratchy branches that shift and sway in the distant wind. The curtain float a little as a breeze passes through my open window. My open window, for Romeo.
At this rate I would think he wasn't going to come at all.

I don't want to be that crazy, needy girlfriend...but where was he and what is he doing?

I get this pitiful feeling that I'm being left out of something. I already know about wolves, witches, vampires and even vedovela's! I can handle more. Even if it's a bloody cyclops or ogre.

I eventually fall asleep in my spiralling thoughts that when I open my eyes in looking at a golden glowing sky.
I crane my neck and see the fluffy clouds, I reach toward them in attempts to feel them but they're too far away.
Where my hand is, there's a cast of light. A pale, white light hat shines through me and creates sparks on my skin. Somethings stifling in the light. Someone. They're coming toward me and soon enough I make out their ghostly figure. My eyes close, feeling the coolness in my eyelids before I open them again to see bright blue looking back at me. Their bright blue eyes turn brighter and I'm entranced. I tilt my head to the side and the eyes follow me too.
It's because they're my own eyes. They're mine. The same bright blue eyes. The figure from the panel of light is me.

This moment is disturbed by something shaking. I feel the light crack at my skin revealing blood. I see splashes of the dark liquid across my face and a close my eyes tight to block the image out. But there's no use because I can hear a slashing of flesh and a ghastly female scream of pain.

"Azra! Azra! Wake up!"

I sit straight up and Romeo's looking back at me. I'm back in my bedroom again. He catches my attention with this look in his eyes if horror like he's seen a ghost. His hands are at my sides and their colder than ever.
"What is it?" I whisper frantically holding is arms. "What's wrong?" I try not to raise my voice so not to wake my mother.
His lips part to say something but I'm distracted by this warm liquid dripping down my cheek. It's liquid drops a speck onto my arm and I look down to see it's a red dot.

I bring my hands up to my cheek and feel a streak of redness.

"You're bleeding." He says and I can see that he is tense and trying to control himself. His muscles are stiff and he's stopped breathing. "From your eyes." He whispers still looking at me with wide green orbs.

I run to the bathroom and turn the light on, it stings my eyes but I catch a reflection in the mirror.

From the corners of my eyes, there are streaks of blood. Like tears but red and dark and sticky with persistence.
My eyes widen as I look at the state I'm in, the blood even travelling down my neck leaving a dry crusty trail. I glance at Romeo who's standing behind me with clenched fists at his sides.
"I'm sorry." Is all I can whisper pathetically out of my loss for speech.
He shakes his head and turns me around to face him.

"What happened?" He asks with furrowed brows as he looks across my wet cheeks of blood.
I shrug and look up at him, my vision slightly clouded by red.
"I had a weird dream is all." I say honestly and he nods. He grabs a wet towel, sets me down on the counter and wipes my cheeks away, the red left on the towel makes my back chill.

We're silent and I hate it. I can't explain what happened and nor can he. But he looks like he was thinking about something intense as he mops away the blood that had dripped down to my neck.
"I can do that." I whisper and he shakes his head.
"No, let me." He says and continues.
"What's wrong with me? I know it's not normal." I look down and fiddle with my fingers.
He tilts my chin up and glances from my left eye to my right.
"Hey. Don't say that. There's nothing wrong with you, okay? It might just be due to stress."
I laugh dryly. "Who bleeds from their eyes when they're stressed? Since when was that a thing? Have you ever in your 400 years of life seen this before?"
I realise what I had said turned out to be more harsh than I intended it to.

He doesn't say anything and I realise he is only trying to help.
I wrap my arms around his torso and bury my wet face in his shirt. "I'm sorry. I just don't understand." I mumble and I feel the shift of his hands around me, his chin resting on my head.
"I know. It's okay. We'll go see that Vissa witch tomorrow okay? She'll plant some kooky spell on you whilst cursing me." He jokes and I stifle a laugh.

I look up at him as my chin rests on his torso. He looks down at me with a gently smile tugging at the corners of his pink lips.
"Thank you." I say. "Thank you for everything."
He chuckles a little and looks away and then back at me again. "What is it?" I ask curiously and frown.
He stops chuckling and his hand cups my cheek, tucking away a strand of dark hair away from my face and behind my ears.
"You're beautiful."

My heart races like crazy and I'm not embarrassed about it. No one has ever said that to me before especially when it's two in the morning, I'm in my pyjamas, my hair is a mess and I was just bleeding from my eyes. To hear it from the likes of Romeo makes the smile on my lips connect with his.
"I'm not sure if I completely believe you." I say between our kiss and he chuckles.
"I never lie."
"That in itself is a lie, Romeo."
"Oh hush, Juliet." He whispers and kisses me again. Our poised lips brush against eachother, and we kiss like we're hungry.

Like we're ravenous for the other.

▲▽▲▽▲▽▲
authors note:

thank you for reading!

i'm wondering if anyone has any book suggestions? on wattpad that is. if so please let me know!

please vote/comment, it lights up my darkass day.

-kiim