05

"Ah, there she is. The woman of the moment."

The three seated Uchiha turned in their seats as Akinobu pointed out the arrival of his niece, who slid open the door to the meeting room with a sour look on her face. Closely behind her was Akiyuki, who nudged his cousin in and closed the door.

Sasuke watched as [Name] begrudgingly made her way to her family, sitting beside Akiyuki's empty seat and facing the Uchiha with a displeased look on her face. She had cleaned up well- her light blue yukata had been replaced with a floral pink and white kimono, with a bright pink obi and a bow at the back to match. Her long hair which had previously been in a high ponytail had now been let down, flowing down her shoulders and back. Sasuke was amused at her duality; she hardly resembled the fierce warrior he had seen on the training grounds.

"[Name], would you believe it? These fine young men have come here all the way from their home to take you back with them!" said Akinobu with a hearty laugh.

"With all due respect, oji-sama, but have you forgotten of the Uzumaki clan's request?"

The way [Name] spoke to her uncle was cold and concise; however, he didn't seem to make much of it.

"Pssh, this is so much better! The Uchiha are closer to us, and they're willing to make you a primary wife. Surely that's more beneficial than having to send you all the way to the Land of Whirlpools only to be made a mere concubine!"

Akinobu continued laughing as a now icy [Name] stared emotionlessly at the door, avoiding the Uchihas' gazes.

"Yes, oji-sama."

"The deal has been sealed! Madara-san, my dear man, shall I give your envoy a couple of days to return with your share? No doubt my clansmen and I will prepare a wedding banquet and celebration fit for your beloved nephew," said Akinobu with a toothy grin, nodding at Madara.

"Yes, that would be ample time."

"There's no rush!" Akinobu leaned back in his seat, adjusting his robes. "Say what. Why don't you and your men rest here for the day, and you can leave tomorrow morning. Surely it should only take you a day to return to your home, and another to return here."

"Whatever you believe to be best, Akinobu-san."

"Splendid! The next time we meet, [Name]'s own parents shall be present. Until then, Akiyuki, go ahead to the guest's quarters and make sure that these gentlemen's rooms are ready for them. Akinari, go down to the kitchens and make sure food is prepared for them. Surely they must be hungry after such a long journey!"

Akiyuki and Akinari both rose to their feet, bowing at their father and their guests before heading out to carry out their assigned tasks. [Name] remained in her seat, rigid and stony faced as she waited for her uncle to dismiss her as well. However, before she or Akinobu could even speak, Sasuke broke the silence.

"I saw that you're skilled in kenjutsu... if you don't mind, I'd like to see just how far your prowess as a kunoichi extends."

Sasuke surprised everyone, including himself, when he asked [Name] a question directly. Eyebrows were raised as [Name] met the Uchiha's gaze with an expressionless look on her face.

"Oho! Sasuke-kun, are you asking to spar with my niece?" Akinobu chuckled as Madara glanced sideways at Sasuke, curious about his peculiar request. "I can assure you, [Name] is the finest kunoichi our clan has ever seen! And quite possibly, the finest shinobi in general! [Name], why don't you go and get changed and show our guests just what you're capable of?"

"Yes, oji-sama."

With a monotonous voice, [Name] rose to her feet and quickly exited the room, leaving Akinobu alone with his guests.