61

"Thank you, Sazae."

"It was my pleasure, Madara-sama."

As Madara came down the front steps leading out of Sazae's home, his ears pricked up at the sound of a familiar laugh. It was one he hadn't heard in a while, and out of sheer curiosity, he found himself following the sound.

"... so how is going courting Naori going?"

"Nowhere. Naka is watching me like a hawk. I can't do anything with him hovering around her every second of the day."

"Do Naka and Naori have something going on?"

"I'd hope not, otherwise it's time for me to find someone else. Say, do you have any friends that you could introduce me to? At this point in time, I'm open to anyone and anything."

As [Name] and Shisui walked forward, laughing about their conversation, Madara crossed his arms and frowned at the approaching pair. Both were startled by the Uchiha's sudden appearance, and instinctively bowed towards the leader.

"Were you two taking the scenic route home, perhaps?" asked Madara coldly, eyeing out Shisui skeptically. Out of all the men, he thought he could have trusted Shisui to follow his orders. But apparently, that was not the case.

"My apologies, Madara-sama," said Shisui hurriedly, rushing to [Name]'s defense. "I needed to stop by Sasuke's home on the way, and was planning on bringing [Name] home afterwards."

"I made my instructions very clear, Shisui. Was stopping by Sasuke's home one of them?"

"No, Madara-sama."

"Stand up."

As [Name] and Shisui straightened up, both exchanged worried glances. Madara did not seem to be in a good mood.

Just as she was thinking about the worst thing he could do, [Name] gasped and clasped both of her hands over her mouth as Madara lashed out and slapped Shisui across the face, the smack sending a loud noise reverberating throughout the air. Although Shisui looked relatively unfazed, the sudden contact had shocked [Name] to the core. That, in addition to the furious look on Madara's face, was enough to scare her.

"I expect nothing but complete obedience from you," spat the leader coldly, glaring at the younger Uchiha. "Do you understand?"

With a small bow, Shisui uttered, "Yes, Madara-sama."

A wave of guilt overcame [Name] as she watched Madara humiliate Shisui, unable to shake off the feeling that she had caused this. The only reason Shisui had even come up with the idea to stop by Sasuke's home was because of her constant complaining and whinging; however, now that she saw the consequences for merely trying to visit the raven, she didn't want to imagine what would happen if Madara caught them in the act.

"One more slip up from you, and I'll make sure it's your last. Understood?"

"Yes, Madara-sama."

"Get out of my sight."

With a final bow to the leader, Shisui slowly backed away before taking his leave, leaving [Name] standing before Madara looking thoroughly shaken.

"I don't know how that boy thought taking you to see Sasuke would be a good idea," sighed Madara, brushing his bangs back as he glanced at his rattled wife. "When was the last time you saw him, anyway? No doubt he must have been hoping for a nice little reunion."

Unable to formulate proper words, [Name] remained silent. A sympathetic look crossed over Madara's face, and he beckoned for her to move forward.

"Why do you look like you've seen a ghost?" he asked, watching as she reluctantly walked into his open arms. "Come now, [Name]. You know that disobedience is punished, regardless of who it is. Shall we head home now?"