67

"Good morning, my love."

[Name] was rudely awakened by the sensation of Madara running his hands down the curve of her body, and groggily blinked as she struggled to make sense of her surroundings. She felt an aching between her legs, and almost immediately she wished that she didn't remember what happened the previous night.

"Are you mad at me?" sighed the Uchiha as [Name] shrugged him off with a scowl and sat up, reaching over for her discarded clothing from last night. She was tender and sore, but since she didn't feel anything weird going on around her abdomen, she assumed that for now her unborn child was safe.

Without another word to the leader, [Name] gingerly put on her gown and got to her feet.

"I wasn't making an empty threat, [Name]," said Madara softly, watching as his wife headed towards the door. After the mishaps of last night, he was dreadfully sorry for the reckless and violent way he had treated her, but he did not regret a single word he said. They would have had to have come out eventually.

Seeing that [Name] wasn't going to stop to listen to him any time soon, Madara speedily added, "[Name]. If you take one more step out of this room, you'll see just what I'm capable of."

"You don't scare me, Madara." [Name] paused as she stood at the door, hand outstretched and holding onto the handle. "Blackmailing me won't make me bend to your will."

"Oh, but [Name]. It's not blackmailing if I follow through with my plans, is it?"

"I don't know, I've never had to do it," sneered [Name], thoroughly displeased with the Uchiha and his mind games. "I would never stoop so low."

"[Name], I'm warning you."

"Warning me? Of what?"

Madara frowned as he sat up, staring coldly at his wife's back.

"Come back, and speak to me properly. Face to face."

[Name]'s hands curled into fists as she contemplated the Uchiha's words, struggling to come to a decision.

Call his bluff! Call his bluff!

But what if he's not bluffing?!

Shaking her head, [Name] made her final decision, and opened the door. Behind her, an ominous look crossed over Madara's face as he watched the Kouhage directly disobey his command, and as she stepped out into the corridor calling out for the servants to run her bath, Madara clucked his tongue in disappointment.

"My dear [Name]," he sighed, shaking his head. "You're going to regret walking away from me."

But since he loved [Name] dearly, he decided that he would give her a warning before laying a hand on Sasuke and his family. This was her one and final chance.

"It's a pity someone has to die for you to see just how serious I am..." mumbled Madara wistfully to himself, plotting how he was going to get rid of his next target to prove to [Name] that he was not afraid to hurt others until she gave him complete and utter obedience. It had to be someone [Name] was attached to, yet someone whose death would not be seen as suspicious or out of the ordinary among other clan members.

"Aha."

Not a shred of guilt was felt by the Uchiha as a plan came to mind. 

Regrettable though it was, he had to find some way to get [Name] to bend to his demands.

***