64

"Is [Name] here?"

"Good morning to you too, Sasuke. As you can clearly see, even without the need for your Sharingan, that it is just the two of us standing here, in an open space. So I'm going to hazard a guess and answer your question by assuming... no. She's not."

Sasuke scowled at Shisui as the latter straightened up, having been busy preparing his materials for the day ahead and setting up his class's seats, temporary desks, paper, and ink. 

Aside from teaching the children the basics of chakra moulding and all the other basic things, he and [Name] had also mutually agreed that it was important to keep learning fun for their students, which involved allowing them to express themselves through writing and drawing, among other things. On fine days, like today, the class would take place outside under the shade of one of the trees located in the heart of the compound. On the rare bad days, class would generally be held in the clan hall.

"Very funny," scowled Sasuke, folding his arms as he looked around at the class's set up, sensing no sign of [Name]. "What time will she be here? She usually comes early, right?"

"Wouldn't you or Madara-sama know?" asked Shisui teasingly, regretting it almost instantly upon reading the venomous glare Sasuke shot him as he balled his hands into fists.

"Shisui, I am this close to making sure that you are obliterated off the face of this earth."

Shisui flinched as Sasuke made to punch him in the face, raising his arms above his head in self-defense as the raven threateningly hovered above him with his fist raised and poised, ready to strike.

"Okay, I'm sorry," apologised the wavy haired Uchiha, remaining in a defensive position even as Sasuke pulled back, albeit still looking like he wanted to end Shisui's life. "She used to be here earlier than I was, but for around... two weeks, Wakako has been my partner."

"What?"

Since her wedding to Madara, the amount of times [Name] was able to secretly meet with Sasuke had tapered to the point where they hadn't been able to see each other for months. Sasuke figured that Madara no doubt played a role in their separation, and the couple's sudden visit to his home last month didn't help ease his fears of [Name] being pregnant. When he returned home to find his bedding cleaned up and put away, he knew that it hadn't been Sakura's doing. The pair had both mutually agreed to stay out of each other's way, and once she informed him that [Name] and Madara had been over, he knew straight away who had been in the room. And it was only last night that he had realised that the letter he had scrunched up and tossed into his cupboard had disappeared, raising panic within himself. Had [Name] found it?

"Yeah," shrugged Shisui nonchalantly, finally relaxing and crossing his arms. "I'm afraid Madara-sama has relocated her again, but I don't know what she's up to now. I don't know what job would be safer than babysitting these kids."

Sasuke's heart dropped at Shisui's words, ignoring him as his words became nothing but mere blabbering to him.

Why are you so shocked? You're the one who said that she could have a child with another man. So what if she is pregnant?

If she's pregnant, it means she was with Madara.

And? You slept with Sakura, did you not?

Once. I slept with her once. How many times has she slept with Madara?

"You can ask him more about it at our next council meeting," said Shisui reassuringly, reaching out and patting Sasuke on the arm. "Don't worry about it too much."

Sasuke clenched his jaw as his mind whirred with questions; all the answers to them seemed rather grim.

***