29

"What is this alleged jutsu of the Senju that you used in the last battle?"

As [Name] walked out of the baths to meet Sasuke outside, she blinked at his question.

"Huh?"

As the pair began walking, Sasuke scowled and draped his towel around his neck, a sour look on his face as he began speaking about his own bath time.

"Out of all the people I had the delight to run into tonight, Madara was in the baths," sneered the Uchiha, making [Name] gulp silently. "He seems to suspect that you may be hiding something from us."

"What? Hiding what?" exclaimed [Name] indignantly, not looking forward to going through this conversation again.

"I don't know. A past history with the Senju. Possibly even a current alliance with them. What do you make of this? The truth, [Name]. Please."

[Name] sighed, slouching as she trudged beside her apprehensive husband.

"Fine!" she whined, throwing her hands into the air. "I'll tell you, but I may or may not have told a little white lie to Madara-sama."

"I don't care if you lied to him. Just don't lie to me."

"I learned the jutsu from... that lover, I left behind," said, [Name], clucking her tongue. "It was years ago, but I've known it for a while. It didn't strike me that maybe, just maybe, your clan wouldn't know it."

"How is that possible? Your clan never had any contact with the clans from the east until we came along," asked Sasuke doubtfully, glancing sideways at [Name] for any signs of dishonesty. "How could someone in your clan pass on the information to you?"

[Name] halted in her tracks, looking at Sasuke in confusion.

"Huh?"

"Your lover, who taught you. How did he come to know of the technique if your clan did not interact with any of the Senju or their allies?"

"He... learned it directly from Tobirama-sama," said [Name] slowly, an eyebrow raised.

"That's preposterous."

"Um, Sasuke... do you realise that the man I'm talking about... isn't from my clan...?"

Sasuke's eyes widened, genuinely surprised at the revelation.

"If he wasn't, then what was he?"

Unable to bring herself to keep protecting Naruto's identity from Sasuke, [Name] sighed and decided to come clean.

"His name was Naruto," she said softly, a fondness in her eyes as she reflected on her time with the Uzumaki. "He was born into the Namikaze clan, and since they lived relatively close to where we were, we happened to meet by chance when we were children. Later on he was adopted by his mother's family and had to relocate to the Land of Whirlpools, but every time he came to meet his parents, he met with me as well.

"One summer he came back to me and was telling me about the amazing time he'd been spending with his mother's family, how much his skills had been improving- and then he told me that while Hashirama and Tobirama were visiting, Tobirama showed off his Shadow Clone technique. He learned it from Tobirama, and then he taught it to me."

"Your ex-lover... was a Senju?" There was nothing but pure disgust in Sasuke's voice, making [Name] frown and punch him in the arm at his reaction.

"He was not!" she argued. "And you don't have to look so revolted, either! He's an Uzumaki!"

"Tch. The Uzumaki are basically a subtribe of the Senju," sneered Sasuke, turning up his nose at the revelation. "It doesn't surprise me that Tobirama was confident enough to teach one of his own techniques to an Uzumaki child."