21

"Sasuke, how long are you going to avoid Sakura?"

It had been a couple of weeks following Sakura's introduction, and Sasuke had yet to show any signs of wanting to bed her.

"As long as I can," grumbled the Uchiha as he swung his blade forward, meeting [Name]'s halfway. The sound of metal on metal clashing reverberated throughout the air, disrupting the otherwise tranquil surroundings. In preparation for an upcoming battle with a clan called the Fujikawa, [Name] and Sasuke had taken it upon themselves to train each other to their best abilities, in order to ensure that they were both at their peak.

It had become habitual for the pair to wake in the morning, wash up for the day, and make breakfast for themselves and Sakura, before leaving the pinkette at home so that they could leave to fulfill whatever duties they had to around the compound. As of recently, [Name] had been appointed by Madara to train some of their younger shinobi in kenjutsu, in order to see whether or not her techniques could be adopted by the Uchiha and used to their advantage. Sasuke was kept busy by having to train the older, more mature shinobi, and every night upon returning home, Sakura would have dinner ready for both of them.

At first, it came as a surprise to both [Name] and Sasuke, but they hadn't explicitly instructed Sakura not to do it, so she continued doing so. However, apart from the times they crossed paths between entering the dining room and leaving, there was little interaction between Sasuke and Sakura.

"You know, you'll have to do it eventually!" called out [Name] as Sasuke wrangled her blade out of her hands, prompting her to leap backwards and pull out a kunai while she did so. "The council expect a child from you in nine months, so I suggest you get to work."

"You nagging me isn't going to make me do it," scowled Sasuke as [Name] ran straight towards him. He easily parried her kunai attack, and soon the pair were moving fluidly and in synchronization as they attacked and defended.

"Do you not enjoy the thought of having to get intimate?" asked [Name] as she narrowly dodged being sliced by Sasuke's katana. "Is that why?"

"I don't like Sakura," was Sasuke's cold reply, prompting [Name] to frown and stand up straight. Doing so, she tossed her kunai aside, signalling the end of their training session.

"I get that, but you can't run away from your duties," said [Name] softly, a kind look in her eyes. "The easiest thing for you to do is to get it over and done with. That's life."

With a scowl, Sasuke bitterly tossed his katana away, still unable to accept his fate.

"Look, on the bright side, if you can get her just once, maybe that'll be enough!" said [Name] reassuringly, moving around the battlefield to pick up their discarded weapons. "Maybe you could... I don't know, close your eyes?"

Collecting all of their belongings, [Name] finished off by putting Sasuke's katana back into the sheath which hung at his side, making him scowl and regard her coldly.

"Close your eyes," he repeated in a mocking tone, making [Name] sigh in defeat.

"Okay, I get it, I'll leave it be," she said, relenting to the Uchiha's icy behaviour. "Anyways, I think we did a good job today. And although it's a shame I can't teach any of you our kekkei genkai, I'm pleased at how much everyone has shown progress in kenjutsu, you included. I'm sad to say, you're probably better than me."

"Whatever," snorted Sasuke, rolling his eyes at [Name]'s words. "Don't try to make me feel better."

"But it's true!" retorted [Name]. The pair began walking home together as the sun began to set, so that they could eat dinner before heading down to the communal baths.