32

"The fact that you asked Madara-sama that so easily really baffles me, Sasuke."

"I refuse to continue my bloodline with Sakura. You of all people should know that."

"Yeah, but... by the time I've worked enough to prove to Madara-sama that I deserve the opportunity to bear children, if I even still want to, Sakura will probably have had three or four children by then..."

"Or she'll probably be dead. Hopefully."

"Sasuke!"

Appalled at her husband's response, [Name] furiously shoved him away from her. Prior to that moment, the two of them had been laying peacefully on their futons together, [Name] curled up against Sasuke's chest.

"I didn't mean it in an- oh, [Name], come on," groaned the Uchiha as [Name] separated her futon from his, pushing herself to the other side of the room. "[Name]!"

"Sasuke, I get that you don't like Sakura, but there's no need to be so mean!" snapped [Name], rolling over in her own bed and pulling the blanket over her head. "Admittedly, I don't like her much either, but the point is, stop being a jerk about her! It's not her fault she ended up here- and you shouldn't be punishing her for it!"

"You're right. I should be punishing Madara."

"No, you shouldn't be punishing anyone! But at this rate, you might as well go ahead and just punish yourself for being such an ass!"

"Okay, you're right. I shouldn't have said that, even as a joke. I'm sorry."

"Glad we're on the same page now. Goodnight."

With a huff, [Name] closed her eyes, ignoring Sasuke's whining.

"No, not goodnight! Come back!"

"No. Goodnight."

As [Name] tried to relax so that she could fall asleep easier, Sasuke got out of his futon and pulled it towards hers, pushing it right next to her before he crawled in.

"[Name], I'm sorry," repeated the Uchiha, poking his wife in the back through her thick blanket. "Please."

"Please what?"

"Please come out from under there."

"No. Goodnight."

"[Name]."

With a sigh, the Kouhage threw her sheets off and turned so that she was lying and facing Sasuke, shooting him a deathly glare.

"What?" she asked sharply, unimpressed with his constant griping.

"Don't go to sleep angry. It's not good for you."

"Shut up."

Turning over once more, [Name] pulled her blankets over her head again, making Sasuke groan even more.

"You of all people should be the one getting sleep," came [Name]'s muffled voice. "Since Madara-sama wants to meet with you, your brother, and Shisui altogether tomorrow. Sounds like fun."

"That's not until noon," argued Sasuke, tugging at the edge of his wife's blankets. "I'll stay up all night if I have to, to make sure you stop being mad."

"Did you just magically forget that you have children to teach in the morning?"

"They'll have Naori with them," shot back Sasuke, successfully pulling down [Name]'s sheets and earning a cry of annoyance.

"Okay! Fine! I'm not mad at you anymore for saying that about Sakura, but your nagging is really starting to piss me off!" growled [Name], lifting herself up on one elbow and looking over her shoulder to glare at the Uchiha.