24

"... so you're telling me, you're the reason why the age requirement was introduced."

A couple of days after her conversation with Madara, the council announced the minimum age required for someone to go out on the battlefields, and [Name] finally plucked up the strength to admit to Sasuke it was indeed because of her.

"I told you," he sighed, shaking his head at the Kouhage. "Didn't I tell you? You have him wrapped around your little finger."

"I do not!" exclaimed [Name] heatedly, offended by Sasuke's words as she placed her dirty clothes into the washing pile. The pair had since returned home from the baths, and upon passing Sakura's room, they could tell that she was already fast asleep. "I just, well, made myself look like an idiot! An idiot with extremely good reasoning!"

"[Name], nothing you do surprises me anymore," muttered Sasuke, rolling up his own yukata worn for the day and tossing it at the back of [Name]'s head. She scowled and picked up the discarded item, adding it to their dirty laundry pile.

"Looks like it's laundry day tomorrow," sighed [Name] upon realising how much she and Sasuke's pile had grown over the week. "I can't believe you, Sasuke. How does one manage to rip and burn that many clothes?"

"That's a very good question, considering you're the reason why they're like that."

"Very funny," said [Name] sarcastically as she shut their cupboard, making her way back to her futon beside Sasuke. Thankfully, it was still light outside, so there was no need to light a candle- instead, the pair would wait for the sun to go down before laying down for the night. Unlike their usual days, today had been a very short one, meaning that they were finally able to go to bed early for once. The training of the younger children had been cut short due to Madara wanting to make the announcement, and following the news, everyone had been dismissed to go home. Dinner and bathing quickly followed, and within no time, the pair were back in their room.

There was no doubt that the air between the two had gotten very relaxed since they had come clean the week before, with both parties attempting to appease the other in any way possible. For [Name], it meant showing more affection towards the Uchiha; for Sasuke, it meant making progress in his relationship with Sakura. So far, all he'd managed to do was wish the Haruno a good morning every day, but [Name] saw that in itself as a feat.

Pushing her futon right beside Sasuke's, [Name] cheered and dived under her covers, rolling right next to her irritable husband as she curled up into his side.

"How can you even think of sleeping while it's still light out," scoffed the Uchiha as [Name]'s head poked out of her sheets.

"That's why I was underneath the blankets. Duh."

Rolling his eyes at [Name]'s explanation, Sasuke lay with his arms behind his head, staring up mindlessly at the ceiling as the Kouhage burrowed back under the covers.

"I still can't believe you thought about begging Madara to introduce an age requirement," chuckled Sasuke, amused at [Name]'s antics. "Settling into the family is one thing, but coming up with a completely new law and having it passed almost immediately is another thing. I'm telling you, Madara's out for you."

"Well, I don't care," replied [Name] haughtily, emerging from the sheets once more and sitting up. "He wouldn't dare to anything to me, or you."

Letting out a yawn, Sasuke stretched his arms and sat up, staring absentmindedly at his self-assured wife.

"Really, now," he said flatly, making [Name] groan and push him aside.

"Have some faith in me, Sasuke!" she whined. "Don't worry, as long as we're both on our toes, there's no way he could do anything! I scratch your back, you scratch mine!"