69

True to his word, as soon as [Name] had safely entered her second trimester of pregnancy, Madara had wasted no time in declaring war on the Senju. Now, they had been at full blown war for the past four months, fighting various battles every so often, and the Kouhage anxiously awaited the date of her first child's birth as her husband dealt with the fighting. Every time Madara went into battle, she hoped dearly that he would not return; but alas, it seemed like that was the only misfortunate event the universe refused to bestow upon her.

"Look at how big your bump has gotten! You weren't that big when I visited last week!"

As had become the norm, Madara sat with [Name] as he shared an early breakfast with his wife before he was due to return to the Uchiha's forces, which were situated closer to the location where several of their battles with the Senju were scheduled to happen. Unlike the other shinobi, the leader was the only one who enjoyed the luxury of returning home to visit his loved ones, more specifically, loved one, especially since travelling between the Uchiha stronghold and the war camp used up a good day of travel. In his case, however, the other council members let it slide, out of respect for Madara's desire to ensure his wife and unborn child's safety even while he was preoccupied with leading their forces against the Senju.

"So what do you think? Will we be having a little Sayuri, or a little Asahi?" teased Madara as he poked [Name]'s ripe belly, his mind firmly set on what he wished to name his soon to be born child. The Kouhage sighed and stared into the distance, having lost her will to engage in conversation with the Uchiha a long time ago. The days leading up to the birth all just seemed like a blur, and aside from being bored out of her mind at home, she was miserable as miserable could be. How the child was managing to survive with such a gloomy mother as its host, she had no idea. Either way, it seemed like it was a fighter.

"No doubt our child will be the strongest in both our clans," stated the Uchiha proudly, staring at his wife's belly with fire in his eyes. "I'll see to it that he or she becomes the finest shinobi in the land. What with your Scorch Release, and our Sharingan- they'll be a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield!"

Not even wanting to point out that there was still a possibility that their child wouldn't be able to awaken the Sharingan, [Name] merely muttered, "Of course."

Madara pouted at his wife's lacklustre reply, hitting her like a little child with a sad look on his face.

"[Name]," he whined, making her scowl in disdain. Quite frankly, she loathed it when the Uchiha spoke to her in such a childish and playful manner, especially since it contrasted greatly with the heinous and cruel man he actually was. "Answer me. What do you think we're having?"

Swallowing her pride, [Name] glanced warily at Madara and forced a small smile.

"I don't know," she said softly, trying to keep her voice as calm and controlled as possible. "I just want it out of me."

At his wife's words, Madara grinned broadly.

"So do I," he sighed wistfully, tapping her stomach. "We haven't been able to move around as much as we used to, right?"

[Name] grimaced and looked away, not wanting to discuss their sexual exploits. If anything, she preferred to keep everything that Madara did to her locked away in the back of her mind, knowing that if she were to revisit those memories, she would lose it.

Without another word, Madara rose to his feet and held out his hand to [Name], smiling at her tenderly.

"Come now, my love," he said lovingly, watching as she carefully put her hand in his and tentatively got to her feet. "Allow me to make love to you one more time before I leave."