31

On one of their rare days off, Sasuke and [Name] remained at home with Sakura, whose sickness hadn't receded since she started throwing up the week before.

"You know, you don't have to hang around," sighed [Name] as she picked up the Haruno's vomit bucket. Sasuke sat on the wooden corridor, merely watching [Name] as she disposed of the bucket's contents on the other side of the tree in the yard.

"It's not like I have anything else to do," was his reply. "I'm sure she'll be fine if we leave her alone for a little bit. Let's go do something."

"We can't," sighed [Name], returning to the outside of Sakura's room with the bucket. "You know Madara-sama has requested to speak to the both of us tonight. And we shouldn't leave her alone."

"Why do you insist on treating her as if she's a child," scowled Sasuke, folding his arms. "And I don't care about Madara. He knows where we live. He can come another time if we're not here."

"No, Sasuke," refused [Name] hotly. "This is his first time visiting our home since we got here. We have to receive his company with the right respect and courtesy."

"... I see no reason for it."

Groaning in exasperation, [Name] looked towards Sasuke with pleading in her eyes.

"Please, Sasuke. We're talking about the future leader of the Uchiha clan here. Let's show him some respect."

"As you wish."

Leaving [Name] to finish tidying up outside, Sasuke got up and headed back towards their room, contemplating how he could make himself useful. The very fact that he and [Name] had to host Madara for dinner irked him greatly, and even though he would've preferred not doing anything for the elder's visit, he would do so only for [Name]'s sake.

While [Name] busied herself outside, Sasuke headed towards the kitchen to get a head start on the meal preparation.

"What a pain in the ass," he muttered under his breath, wanting nothing more than for Madara to leave him and [Name] alone.

***

"Hello, Sasuke. How are you?"

Madara cordially greeted Sasuke that evening at the front door, smiling pleasantly as his nephew stepped aside with a scowl to let him enter.

"It already feels like home," noted Madara as he walked into the house, looking around and nodding in approval at the state of their abode. "Where is [Name]?"

"With Sakura," replied Sasuke tautly, leading Madara towards the kitchen.

"Ah, yes," said Madara, glancing at every door they passed on their way to the dining room. "I heard the good news. Congratulations."

"Hn."

As the pair entered the dining room, [Name] burst in after them, looking flustered as she struggled to adjust the obi of her plain, lacklustre kimono. Upon her entry, Madara's face lit up, and he seemed much more interested in engaging in conversation with her.

"Long time no see," smiled the older Uchiha, causing [Name] to grin as she bowed down to him.

"Very! Please, take a seat with Sasuke, and I shall-"

"I'm helping you." His voice as sharp as broken glass, Sasuke promptly headed towards the kitchen area, sliding one of the fusuma aside and stepping into the other half of the room.

"I guess I'll sit here by myself, then," chuckled Madara, sitting at the low lying dining table. [Name] sweatdropped and waved her hands at the Uchiha, smiling apologetically.