46

"You cannot seriously even be considering going along with him. Alone."

[Name] sighed as Sasuke grabbed her arms from behind as she prepared for her journey with Madara the next morning, looking at him with an eyebrow raised.

"I'll be fine," she said reassuringly, feeling the Uchiha's grip tighten on her. "We won't be gone long. The river isn't too far from here. Hopefully, we'll have everything sorted quickly and return straight away. And we're not going alone- Izuna-sama will be there as well."

"That doesn't make me feel any better."

Sasuke clutched [Name] tightly to his chest as he leaned his chin on her shoulder, murmuring into her ear as his hands ran down to her back and began untying the belt that held her yukata closed.

"But... maybe you can make me feel better?"

***

"We shouldn't be gone too long. At the latest, we'll be back by night time."

The next morning, [Name] tried to alleviate Sasuke's concerns as he bid her farewell on their way to the compound gate, where she would meet Madara and Izuna to begin their journey towards the decided meeting point with the Senju.

"... be careful, [Name]. You never know what he'll do to you."

"Sasuke, relax," sighed the Kouhage, shaking her head as Sasuke's face darkened at the thought of her travelling with Madara. "Izuna-sama will be with us. We should be fine."

"And be careful of the Uzumaki shinobi," said the Uchiha pointedly, wondering what the odds were of [Name]'s ex-lover being the allocated ally to accompany the Senju. Since his last letter telling of his first son's birth, he had not sent anymore mail to [Name] through Mai. Not that Sasuke minded, of course. [Name] didn't need ghosts of her past chasing her for the rest of her life.

"I'll be fine," reiterated [Name], scratching the back of her head. Unlike Sasuke, she was much less worried about the Uzumaki shinobi being Naruto. After all, it was common knowledge that the Uzumaki clan was tremendous in its numbers, and any one of those shinobi could be the one accompanying Hashirama to the peace meeting. She didn't have high hopes- much rather, she hoped that the shinobi would not be Naruto, just for the sake of keeping her feelings in check. Since she had first moved in with Sasuke, she had found herself increasingly getting attached to him; however, Naruto was still her first love, and that was a position that she could not rid of so easily from her heart.

"If you have to kill them, make sure you kill them good!" said Sasuke forcefully, forming a fist and looking at [Name] with determination in his eyes. "And when you come back, I might just have a treat in store for you."

"What exactly is your definition of a treat?" mused [Name], earning her a smirk from her playful husband. Without another word, he reached down and smacked her on the butt, causing her to glare at him and look around in embarrassment, wary of any bystanders.

"How many times have I told you not to do that in public?!"

"Relax, no one's here. Besides, after the show you gave me last night, you deserve a treat."

"It wasn't a show!" hissed [Name], lowering her voice as she yanked Sasuke towards her by the ear. "You were really pushing it, Sasuke! Why did you find the need to turn me over like that?! It wasn't even a turn- you flipped me! I hurt my head because of you, bastard!"

"I wasn't satisfied with the view from behind. I wanted to see your face. You should've seen it, the way your legs opened when-"

"Shut up, Sasuke!"